ironing out build plans

08KingRanchF250

Reaction score
ok so rudy now has my truck and will be doing the build over the next few weeks, itll be getting a tranny, studs, and full fuel system (hp/lp/rails), my question is the original plan was for 60%s and a dragonfire pump and then i was going to do the rcd cam/springs. but i have yet to see any hard info on the cam helping me. id love to be one of the first ones to run it to see what happens, aaron said another dragonfire pump crapped out on him which got me thinking instead of the cam should i just go for dual pumps and either 100%s or 150s? after all this work i just dont want to start having pump problems.. thanks guys

08KingRanchF250

Reaction score
yea, i was just thinking the cam would help match the powerband up with the single? theres just not enough on it for me to get a good idea of what to expect.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
It should help but who knows really how much. I would go dual pumps, always have head room and more reliable since they are stock and not running full tilt.

HD F250

Reaction score
IMHO....dual pumps. I am doing my build very soon also and dual pumps are on my plan for peace of mind!!

Spatel23

Reaction score
Do the dual pumps.
Two pumps working at half load is going to produce a more reliable truck then one maxed out pump in theory. More fuel as well.

Some Industrial pumps are working fine and others have failed. Me personally, I'd go the route with less stress to parts.

If I read your posts correctly, you're going to do the mpd 72 single?

I'd go with dual pumps and 100% nozzles.

Last edited:

madman1234509

Reaction score
I have a cam with stock turbos and fuel besides rails and will be getting on a dyno April 28th if you can wait that long to see if there are results or not.

08KingRanchF250

Reaction score
well just talked to aarron and looks like hes going to try and find a dual pump setup for me :rockon:, i just dont have the budget to do that and the cam/springs, sucks cuase i really wanted to try it. anyways im kinda curious as to how the 100% will be with the 72/83 .9 a/r single i have? i wonder how much flow difference there is between mine and the 75? i think ill be over fueled some but should see better spoolup for sure.

08KingRanchF250

Reaction score
Yall mite be rite but i also want to run the 100% nozzles and the dragon fire pump would be hating life Lol, then I'd have to find someone to buy that pump so i could afford to go twins

White_monster

Reaction score
If you want the cam in the long run then do it now. Without a doubt someone will buy that II pump and 60% nozzles at a later date as not everyone has the coin to buy twin pumps and other parts all at once. Is a cam worth it? Depends who you talk to. I spoke with the cam designer and he made a strong case. Talk to the next place and they make a different case but just as strong. In the end it's up to you to decide what you believe. I say it's worth it, not many other parts available for the price and the install is pretty basic. If it was me I'd do the cam and just save up for twin pumps, twin pumps can easily be done cab on as well.

Latest posts

Members online