Is a banks bigg hoss system worth it?

johnp115

Reaction score
You're running a powermax and tunes on stock head bolts? Have you got some kind of death wish?

Holding great so far, almost 4k miles of drifting around turns, no puking ��

*knocks on wood*

I also don't race people, just drive fast lol

I don't find the head studs as big as a crap show everyone makes them out to be... I ran a billet compessor wheel turbo and 190cc injectors and it didn't live a necessarily easy life...never had a problem.. Its all in the tune (which is why we suggest custom tunes so much) and how you drive it.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
I don't find the head studs as big as a crap show everyone makes them out to be... I ran a billet compessor wheel turbo and 190cc injectors and it didn't live a necessarily easy life...never had a problem.. Its all in the tune (which is why we suggest custom tunes so much) and how you drive it.

Shhh, don't let Jared hear you…lol. Whose tunes did you have?

248superduty

Reaction score
Shoot I've driven 4th miles custom tuned and 20k have been on tunes recommended only for studded trucks. Mines not and is just fine. Like others said be smart, let Temps warm up in the engine then drive like it's a race car.

swinky

Reaction score
Shhh, don't let Jared hear you…lol. Whose tunes did you have?
I really hope yours keeps holding for you but I still think you're over reacting. What kills these things is long pulls. You drive your truck in the city and get on it for a couple seconds at a time. One pull from 0-110 would probably kill that thing. Some trucks are just stronger than others.

swinky

Reaction score
Shoot I've driven 4th miles custom tuned and 20k have been on tunes recommended only for studded trucks. Mines not and is just fine. Like others said be smart, let Temps warm up in the engine then drive like it's a race car.
I'm sure we have different definitions of a race car.

Kingranch06

Reaction score
I don't drive it like I stole it. Mostly long trips because I work on the road. I'm just looking for a little more power for now until I put head studs in. So I should be ok with custom tunes, cai, and exhaust right?

sootie

Reaction score
I don't drive it like I stole it. Mostly long trips because I work on the road. I'm just looking for a little more power for now until I put head studs in. So I should be ok with custom tunes, cai, and exhaust right?

you will be fine. no limit cai, gearhead SRL tune and the exhaust of your choice.

swinky

Reaction score
Is a CAI needed for a 6oh?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Hell no. All these middle of the road intakes (s&b, afe, volant....) Are a total waste of money. My truck with a brand new s&b filter makes 3 more psi with the filter off vs on. It's restrictive at 600~ hp.

Leave the stocker until it's insufficient then step up to the plate and buy the best one available (no limit, cutting edge)

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Hell no. All these middle of the road intakes (s&b, afe, volant....) Are a total waste of money. My truck with a brand new s&b filter makes 3 more psi with the filter off vs on. It's restrictive at 600~ hp.

Leave the stocker until it's insufficient then step up to the plate and buy the best one available (no limit, cutting edge)

:whs: I'm eventually getting a no limit. Stocker til then.

Kingranch06

Reaction score
Ok, so how much power will the stock headbolts handle and still be reliable? Can I get an extra 200 to 300 lb/ft or is that asking too much?

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Ok, so how much power will the stock headbolts handle and still be reliable? Can I get an extra 200 to 300 lb/ft or is that asking too much?

There is no set number. Just do an egr delete, custom tune, exhaust, and something for gauges/monitoring and be happy with the added power over stock. Feel free to contact myself, or any of the other vendors on this site. We are all more than willing to help you get the truck performing better.

Kingranch06

Reaction score
There is no set number. Just do an egr delete, custom tune, exhaust, and something for gauges/monitoring and be happy with the added power over stock. Feel free to contact myself, or any of the other vendors on this site. We are all more than willing to help you get the truck performing better.

Ok, thanks Josh

Kingranch06

Reaction score
Ok, I haven't been on for a while, but I found a shop in my state that says they will stud my truck for $4,300 including a hpop, new oil cooler, dummy plugs, ford head gaskets, and egr delete. Just wondering if that is a good price. Any input is welcome. Thanks.

Reaction score
Ok, I haven't been on for a while, but I found a shop in my state that says they will stud my truck for $4,300 including a hpop, new oil cooler, dummy plugs, ford head gaskets, and egr delete. Just wondering if that is a good price. Any input is welcome. Thanks.

That's on the low side. Like way low for pulling heads. Sounds like they're doing studs one at a time and telling you their doing gaskets.

Using all Ford parts, pulling the heads, machine work, o rings, and studs, should be closer to 6 or 7,000.

I made 527 on my '03 on the stock bolts, never killed the gaskets. I finally cracked the heads from getting it hot doing back to back pulls on a 100+ degree day. 190/100 injectors, stage 3 turbo from Barder, full kill innovative tune.

If you're going to keep the stock injectors and turbo, get an egr delete, new Ford Oil Cooler (lots of shops using Dorman China junk now so be careful), stand pipes, dummy plugs, STC fitting, and Blue spring. And SCT X4 will turn off the egr codes and wake it up some, and there's plenty of tuners doing head bolt safe tunes if you want a little more.

sootie

Reaction score

that price seems fair. why do you need an hpop?

Latest posts

Members online