Is AMSOIL worth it?

PatriotHauling

Reaction score
Does anyone have any proof of AMSOIL being a good investment? I'm not trying to defunk any sponsors just trying to find out if it really is that much better or if it's just a sales pitch.

Sent from my iPhone

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
For a fluid anal person like me, no... I have the dual bypass filtration, yet run delvac... I cant run any oil for more than 3k and feel comfortable with it.... these heui systems are too finecky to be running bad oil... I dont care what any analysis says...

Strokin Platinum

Reaction score
Personally I believe it is. I have run it in both of my trucks and they seemed to run very well. My neighbor runs it in everything, he sends samples from his obs off every 15k miles when he changes it and it comes back clean. They have an older explorer with 200k+ on the odo and have ran amsoil since they got it 7+ years ago and it doesn't burn a drop. But thats just my opinion, hope it helps.

dietoremain

Reaction score
I've never run it but I believe its good stuff, I just dont have the reason to run it nor the care to.. lol

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
After watching a demonstration at mikes diesel performance from his schaeffers distributor he gained my business. It is hard to explain the tests but he convinced me first hand that their oil Is superior over most others on the market.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
:whs: Pretty impressive demo with the Schaeffers oil! So long as the demo was legitimate which I believe it was, the things I seen will gain them some of my business.

MossBack

Reaction score
I believe it is worth it. They were the first in synthetics and was the first to extend intervals. I don't know when sheifers started but amsoil was in 1972. And I picked up 1 MPG city 2hwy. So I avg 18 with 80% city.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

BuckedUp154

Reaction score
After watching a demonstration at mikes diesel performance from his schaeffers distributor he gained my business. It is hard to explain the tests but he convinced me first hand that their oil Is superior over most others on the market.

It was pretty much a load test with an Ohm meter on a spinning steel rod powered by a pretty hefty electric motor, he also tested penetrators (Breakaway, PB Blaster) against the Schaeffers penetrating oil and it was impressive. PB and Breakaway allowed the rod to squeak, smoke, and sometimes seize while the Schaeffers Penetrating Oil allowed the rod to spin freely and dropping the meter to about 4-5 compared to a maxed out 9 ohms with about a 200 pound guy sitting on the load lever. Same with most oils he tested.

I do not run Schaeffers yet, but I would recommend it.

EDIT: I have also used the Schaeffers penetrating oil first hand and I don't think I'll ever go back to PB

Last edited:

BuckedUp154

Reaction score
I believe it is worth it. They were the first in synthetics and was the first to extend intervals. I don't know when sheifers started but amsoil was in 1972. And I picked up 1 MPG city 2hwy. So I avg 18 with 80% city.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Schaeffer's was founded in 1839

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
The schaefers citrol degreaser is a great hand cleaner too LOL. what really impressed me was its ability to clean the grease off mikes bbq, it takes a good product to be able to wipe away bbq grease

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
We use Amsoil penetrating fluid. Adam runs Amsoil in his truck, and i usually run Amsoil in anything i plan on keeping. Put amsoil 10K oil in my corrolla with the ATF fluid and picked up 2.5 MPG's. Havent had anything i plan on keeping since i got rid of that POS though lol.

TARM

Reaction score
Schaeffer here for all my fluids that they make. I slowly fluid by fluid switched over as I thoroughly researched and tested each. you want to talk about anal about stuff. that's me. I have a good farm store near me that carries it and at a great price. I get it in the 5 gal buckets. It cost me less than amsoil, mobile 1. Always under $20 a gal plus I get free oil analysis every so often. 9000 5w40

They by far have the best additive package IMO in their oil.

What I really respect about Schaeffer is they are one of the only oil companies that actually tells you what is in their oil (within reason)and what base oils they use. You will get nothing but lip service from the likes of Amsoil, Mobile One etc... Heck they will not even confirm that they use only or any Group IV oils. Only they use what their testing has shown to be best. Its all a Pandora's box of black magic with most of these compnaies.

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
Schaeffer here for all my fluids that they make. I slowly fluid by fluid switched over as I thoroughly researched and tested each. you want to talk about anal about stuff. that's me. I have a good farm store near me that carries it and at a great price. I get it in the 5 gal buckets. It cost me less than amsoil, mobile 1. Always under $20 a gal plus I get free oil analysis every so often. 9000 5w40

They by far have the best additive package IMO in their oil.

What I really respect about Schaeffer is they are one of the only oil companies that actually tells you what is in their oil (within reason)and what base oils they use. You will get nothing but lip service from the likes of Amsoil, Mobile One etc... Heck they will not even confirm that they use only or any Group IV oils. Only they use what their testing has shown to be best. Its all a Pandora's box of black magic with most of these compnaies.

:whs:

Latest posts

Members online