Is it tuned??

Heavyfoot

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I just picked up a new to me 2012 f250 KR. This is my first diesel and I'm pretty sure that I picked the right one, I love this truck.
But I'm questioning weather or not it's been tuned...mainly because it's so powerful. I've never driven another 6.7 so I don't have anything else to compare it to, but it feels "spunkier" than i thought it would be. Is there a way to tell if it's been tuned without bringing it to ford?

By the way...it has the full *** system still intact, but it's got an S&B cold air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heavyfoot

Reaction score
I drove the new 6.7 Cummins and I've driven a 6.0, but that's it.
I would have thought that the new Cummins would be comparable but this feels much more powerful than my parents new Cummins.

JMart

Reaction score
My 16 didn't drive like any other diesel I have driven. I have owned all the powerstrokes stock and tuned. To me it doesn't even drive like a diesel, it accelerates like my wife's 5.0 mustang. It just pulled hard.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
I drove the new 6.7 Cummins and I've driven a 6.0, but that's it.
I would have thought that the new Cummins would be comparable but this feels much more powerful than my parents new Cummins.

The cummins trucks are slugs in stock form. These ford's are designed so well in my opinion. I have access at work to all of the three diesels and the Ford in stock form is by far superior. The chevy is good too but the Dodge just feels like a snail until you throw a tuner at it.

Enjoy the new Ride!

powerjoke4life

Reaction score
Here is how you can tell, find a buddy with a 400hp car. (New Mustang, Camaro) and race him. If its a close race your tuned, if he beats your by less than a car your tuned.

Heavyfoot

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. Sounds like it may be stock after all. I guess I wasn't thinking a diesel weighing in a 8k pounds would be quite this quick.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
I'm personally impressed with the power these put out stock. My CC/LB felt so much faster than my previous EcoBoost and tuned CR Cummings. Looking forward to the truck losing some weight to see the potential of it.

Let me know if I can help with any go fast goodies for your truck.

Latest posts

Members online