Is it worth it for me to beef up my stock transmission?

TyCorr

Reaction score
That makes me feel better about how well it held up. Did you put anouther oem trans in after that? Did you do a lot of towing with it?

At work we have a stock 2000 cab chassis that the dumb asses were pulling around a 30k lbs backhoe on the trailer, it lasted a few weeks of daily use untill the converter and trans was shot. We had the transmission rebuilt and a billet converter put in. I don't do any real towing but I always hear about needing to upgrade the trans when people start adding more power, but it looks like I might just run it with good maintance.

I was.at about 20k and stuck in about 8"of mud with 38" tires. Got hot fast. I NEEDED to.get out so i jockeyed.my way over to some stone and held it to the.floor. The fluid was.smelly but didnt turn brown or black.

If you had a 7.3 with 4.10 gears it'll pull 30k. I believe your experience but its.hard telling if it was maintainex or not. My 2lived everyday hooked to a gn loaded for the firstten years 200k miles. 100hp single pos chip, 6" lift, and bigger tires. I had a trans and pyro gauge setup in it. My trans didnt go until I started modding it and went "down" to a 37" tire. It was a inadequate.cooler that did mine in. I put a low mile stocker in.

Latest posts

Members online