Is this moto metal wheel begining to pit? 3 months old?

bigugly78cj5

Reaction score
I bought some moto metal 962s, 20x12s in chrome about 3 months ago and this weekend i noticed something that looks like pitting on my front right wheel? its pretty wide spread on the crevasis on the wheel...what do yall think? i tried some mothers chrome polish but did not help. it is rough to the touch... this has me pretty bummed, i know i read all about chrome and pitting but, i figured a few years atleast with regular cleaning. ive been known to just clean my wheels and leave the rest of the truck dirty :cool:

DSCF0530.jpg

DSCF0527.jpg

snoracerx

Reaction score
I would try and get it warrantied but the problem is is the others are gonna do it as well

Sent from my iPhone

Nickbeckman

Reaction score
Check your brakes, my dad had a set of xd's that had a wheel get ruined because his brakes got down way to far and shot sparks on it

Big Stroker 6.4

Reaction score
I get my chrome power polished twice a year to help with this, mine started pitting after 6 months. Its unfortunately but its the nature of the beast with chrome wheels nowadays. Find a good polish guy and they should clean up. Be carefull thou, too much polishing and you can polish the chrome away and bronze will show through.. Dont ask me how I know.

Layson

Reaction score
Too bad they are not chromed as good as the bumpers on our trucks

bigugly78cj5

Reaction score
Yea im gonna try the warranty route, but the whole dismount ship and remount might cost me close to 80 bucks(ive read they dont cover return shipping), and this is hoping my spare with work with 35s driving alot daily... i read all the damn stories on pitting but figured it was just bad luck...i guess we all have bad luck....... with i could get some black wheels, but white and tan king ranches dont agree with black wheels imo...

MrMike2010

Reaction score
My moto metals pitted as well as my last set of fuel wheels. Sucks they all use such a crappy chrome. Black my not match my truck as well as the chrome, but they sure do hold up much better, and they are easier to clean

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Yeah it sure is a bummer. My incubus wheels look like poo already.

I'm partially tempted to try a set of the bmfs with their cvd or whatever they call it... 3 year warranty has my attention.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4 Beta

SmokedF747

Reaction score
Have fun, I had same issue with fuel and FOUR people i know had issues and they wouldnt warranty them "because of the cleaner i used" WITHOUT asking what cleaner that i used on the wheels! but now the shop i got them from deters others from buying their product and to go with another brand...so i ended up powdercoating each one for a total of 400 bucks.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Thats pretty much the standard on any chrome wheels now a days. Partially due to low prep and the other due to the process having to be different then the way it used to be done. The EPA has put a poo poo parade on the older ( but better ) technique and materials.

Matt

Reaction score
I really wanted a set of Moto Metal 962's, but I guess I better start saving for a set of American Force wheels.

fine69

Reaction score
Moto Metal's chrome sucks! My Wife's Expedition has a set of their 22's and they began pitting after 2 months. Cheap Chinese garbage!

96F350KID

Reaction score
XD, Moto Metals, Fuel, and BMF are made in China and the chrome process sucks. The last set i bought for a customer i ended up eating them and paid a local shop to re chrome plate them wasn't bad about 100 a rim( plus i knew him). Might want to look into that rather then getting another wheel that will do the same in a few months IF you don't mind spending the $$

oneton

Reaction score
XD, Moto Metals, Fuel, and BMF are made in China and the chrome process sucks. The last set i bought for a customer i ended up eating them and paid a local shop to re chrome plate them wasn't bad about 100 a rim( plus i knew him). Might want to look into that rather then getting another wheel that will do the same in a few months IF you don't mind spending the $$

i wanted some bmf's if they ever made a 12wide,but f that if their made in china at those prices.

op sucks about your wheels pitting.i just got some black 962's,for that reason

Latest posts

Members online