issues with 6.4 Tap Shifter

Reaction score
I've installed the tap shifter onto my truck and I'm having a lot of issues. When the tap shifter and mini Maxx are plugged in together it throws a code about my exhaust gas recirculation flow. The truck runs and sounds different when it's plugged in. I've talked with several guys at BD and everything they say hasn't worked. They've said to reprogram the system, do the h&s update... I've done both and nothing has made a difference. If you guys could get ahold of me by either private messaging or calling my cell number that would be Greatly appreciated. 1570-396-744nine. Thanks guys,
Troy

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Good luck man. I have called them about issues and told they will call back and nothing. I am thinking they released it was too early without testing it.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Mine rune normal as far as I can tell.
The SCT will can not be used as gauges.
The Insight can but goes nuts every 4-5 seconds so you have to turn the alerts off.
Also the Tapshifter is not full manual. I wanted to be able to hold a gear for either pulling over a hill when the truck can just grunt over without a downshift.
Safeties are built in so the normal down shift will occur.

Reaction score
Well at least your truck runs fine. my runs like crap when the tap shifter is plugged in. I've done everything imaginable. I'm pretty sure I have a faulty tap shifter box.

Tom S

Reaction score
I would figure out a contact person there, email them a link to this thread and ask them to discuss this with you here. What you guys are describing seems very unacceptable and not an isolated issue.

Latest posts

Members online