It Took Me Long Enough...

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
No worries, that was my first thought when I saw the new truck lol

I just hope I can get the drawing to you faster than last time.

Dude I dont give a crap how long it takes you. No pressure at all. I gotta do a few things first haha.. Not even sure where to put it, most likely under the back seat is all I can think of.

old96stroker

Reaction score
Is the truck a cab and chassis truck? Or did it have a regular bed on it from the factory? Would look awesome with a dually factory bed on it with a little lift maybe 2", nice truck.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Is the truck a cab and chassis truck? Or did it have a regular bed on it from the factory? Would look awesome with a dually factory bed on it with a little lift maybe 2", nice truck.

Truck started out life as a 1994.5 F250 powerstroke. When this last guy got it, he also bought a 1991 F350 dually with a blown up 460 and swapped over the suspension parts, new bushings and hangars and the works. When I need to buy new tires I plan on a reverse shackle reverse kit out back and the kit Trevor makes for the front end. Hopefully around 3.5 or 4" of lift. Spacers between the back wheels and put some meats on them. Maybe buy some new wheels for it then too.

weazel

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370404037.066545.jpg
This is what 13.5's look like on a dually with a 2" spacer

Sent from in a ditch up side down and on fire with the wheels still spinning

weazel

Reaction score
Omg.... :drool: :drool:

Exactly what i want, when the time comes.

Yeah me too, but check your laws, it is wide, some states are picky. It is 102" wide and that is the limit for NV, we go to the bay area sometimes it's a tad wide for them narrow roads

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
A few roads I can think of around here but its all old stuff. I doubt I would get hassled but thanks for the tip! Never even thought about laws.

Wide tires sticking out past this flatbed too. :drool:

weazel

Reaction score
Oh yes I'm putting fatty's on mine tipi want to be big in every direction

Emery19

Reaction score
congrats buddy! looks like a nice start, hopefully i'll be down that way sometime soon so i can see it. im assuming the rockers/floor is in a little better condition than the idi. LOL

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Very cool fun project man! I'll be watching. Don't slack off make some progress! LOL

Thanks Jordan, yeah im hoping to jeep kovkng on it weekly. Gotra break the parents in on the idea of dropping money into a truck. They never quite got it. LOL

congrats buddy! looks like a nice start, hopefully i'll be down that way sometime soon so i can see it. im assuming the rockers/floor is in a little better condition than the idi. LOL

LOL LOL Cab corners are starting to go and a good buddy has offered to help me replace them if/when I do it. They honestly arent NEARLY as bad as the idi.... that was a deathbox

If I replace them I'm repainting the cab the same color and Daniel Wints truck and mimic the headlights and grill.. Just because he said it would make him want to convert even more. Lol I love that color scheme

jdc753

Reaction score
Dude I dont give a crap how long it takes you. No pressure at all. I gotta do a few things first haha.. Not even sure where to put it, most likely under the back seat is all I can think of.

I just like to come through when I saw I'll do something, just been stupid busy lately. Let me know when you're ready and I'll whip something up.

Could always do a center console too, but that will be a little more tricky as the build doesn't really follow any plans, but we'll figure it out and I'll help you get it wherever you think it'll fit best.

Truck started out life as a 1994.5 F250 powerstroke. When this last guy got it, he also bought a 1991 F350 dually with a blown up 460 and swapped over the suspension parts, new bushings and hangars and the works. When I need to buy new tires I plan on a reverse shackle reverse kit out back and the kit Trevor makes for the front end. Hopefully around 3.5 or 4" of lift. Spacers between the back wheels and put some meats on them. Maybe buy some new wheels for it then too.

That should look really nice on there. Maybe if you could find some factory alcoa wheels, or some 19.5's.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
I just like to come through when I saw I'll do something, just been stupid busy lately. Let me know when you're ready and I'll whip something up.

Could always do a center console too, but that will be a little more tricky as the build doesn't really follow any plans, but we'll figure it out and I'll help you get it wherever you think it'll fit best.

That should look really nice on there. Maybe if you could find some factory alcoa wheels, or some 19.5's.

This has a factory bench seat in it. I would love to find two split seats and an independent console but at the moment I'll probably put it under the seat. Parents would flip if I told them I was gonna spend 500 bones on seats for it eventually LOL

I wonder how much some 19.5's run... never looked into them. Alcoa's have crossed my mind but I bet I could get 20k out of what's left on these tires. They're highway tread and hard so I bet they'll last long enough for me to make up my mind

jdc753

Reaction score
Yea I'm thinking more long term what you can find on the cheap, and by no means go throwing out perfectly good tires, I know I don't replace mine till I can see the belts LOL

Some junkyard hopping might find you some good seats. Either way get it all cleaned up and enjoy it! Not sure what it is like out in NY, but here in MA, a 6-wheel truck makes more per hour plowing than a SRW truck, but that's if you are doing public roads.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
I would have to find a good deal on a minute mount two or something if i were to put a plow on this. Done with having a plow mount hanging off the fromt end of the truck during the summer lol

weazel

Reaction score
Yea I'm thinking more long term what you can find on the cheap, and by no means go throwing out perfectly good tires, I know I don't replace mine till I can see the belts LOL

Some junkyard hopping might find you some good seats. Either way get it all cleaned up and enjoy it! Not sure what it is like out in NY, but here in MA, a 6-wheel truck makes more per hour plowing than a SRW truck, but that's if you are doing public roads.

I don't change my tires until you can see air through them

rat49f6

Reaction score
I already told u I have a western mount for it

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online