Jasper Transmissions

DocBar

Reaction score
Looking for input on Jasper transmissions. The 2001 F350 that I bought for my son came with a Jasper transmission and it had a terrible vibration when shifting from 3rd to 4th. Took it to a shop and found that it had been installed one year, to the day. Jasper sent a "new" unit, but I had to pay $810 for R&R and fluid. Jasper may or may not reimburse me for this.

Has anyone ran their stuff? The truck is all stock and running some tunes from Jon when he worked for Bean's.

EDIT: It has an S&N(?) CAI on it with a little plexi-glass cover over the box.

Last edited:

wiseguy

Reaction score
jasper is junk cheap rebuilds with great advertising.... usually the warranty isn't worth the paper ts printed on. Be grateful they sent you another thans start saving for a good one.

DocBar

Reaction score
jasper is junk cheap rebuilds with great advertising.... usually the warranty isn't worth the paper ts printed on. Be grateful they sent you another thans start saving for a good one.
I told my son that today. I'll go back with a Ford 4r100 and throw in a TC and BTS valve body if/when this one gives up the ghost. He can't afford the mods to get past the most you can get out of a stock 7.3.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
EDIT: It has an S&N(?) CAI on it with a little plexi-glass cover over the box.

probably a S&B CAI?

755028.1.jpg

78f100

Reaction score
I will be flying to their headquarters next month to take a tour and spend some time watching how they build engines, trans, and differentials. I have bought some things from them but never a engine or trans yet. I will say they have some nice videos for their products and good selling points. I'm excited to go check it out and see for myself.

dieseltron

Reaction score
I had a Jasper in my OBS for 6 years. It worked fine but I never really abused it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I told my son that today. I'll go back with a Ford 4r100 and throw in a TC and BTS valve body if/when this one gives up the ghost. He can't afford the mods to get past the most you can get out of a stock 7.3.
Johnathan should be able to get you some tunes to hold a bone stock trans with the most you can get out of a stock 7.3.. basically did that exact thing for my brothers truck..
I got 2 ZF speeds from them. Doing fine

totally different animal
live life full throttle

Pstrke96

Reaction score
My uncle and I are both on job 2 e4od Jaspers less than 15k each on # 1 with just enough bitchin they were both replaced not .01 out of pocket. He's easier on his than me but it's been like 5 yrs and 50k and so far no problem howeve with or without the edge evolution or the ts 6 it shifts very very soft

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
My uncle and I are both on job 2 e4od Jaspers less than 15k each on # 1 with just enough bitchin they were both replaced not .01 out of pocket. He's easier on his than me but it's been like 5 yrs and 50k and so far no problem howeve with or without the edge evolution or the ts 6 it shifts very very soft
ever hear someone call it a slush box when referring to the stock 4r/e4 trans?

live life full throttle

mandkole

Reaction score
If Jasper controls their QA real well on their processes, then it comes down to being at the mercy of the cores. No reason why they couldn't build a decent stock replacement unit. If it breaks early, then their warranty 'should' cover it.

fordman67

Reaction score
I live one hr from the plant lol

My brother has had one in his stock very abused obs with no issues.

I have had some warranty issues when I worked at the dealership and n independent shop. They paid the claim and got replacements no prob.

Just no bts or jw...but decent remans.

Latest posts

Members online