Joe Daddy regulated return and electric fuel pump conversion

Big Calo

Reaction score
Probably a year ago or so I read a thread on here where Joedaddy, made a regulated return by modifying a factory regulator. (I couldn't find the thread, maybe he will see this and post a link.) It got me to thinking about how else I could use the parts I had available to also make a E-fuel conversion. So here it goes. The pics will just give you an idea, as I had some of this assembled from a previous system build I have done.

The factory regulator modified:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355640518.107947.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355640592.985265.jpg

The bolt that threads into the back of the pump, I tapped it with a 1/4" pipe thread-5/16" hose barb:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355640713.910324.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355640748.305047.jpg

Section of pump cut off to keep the bolt threads and seals:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355640801.451013.jpg

Big Calo

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355640886.151295.jpg

The pump set-up:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355640916.923153.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355640951.708632.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355640980.406574.jpg

Sorry for the lack of details, if you have any questions about fittings or anything let me know and I'll do my best to answer. There is a good chance I'll do another one, and ill try to do a more thorough write up then. I estimate I have less than $100 in this conversion, minus the pump that I already had.

19stroker97

Reaction score
Im not much on that rigged banjo bolt deal, you could have at least took a little time to make everything look halfway decent. Not gonna say anything bad about the regulator bc thats what Im using and it works perfect. Are you only using one filter though?

Last edited:

Big Calo

Reaction score
No offence but wow what an ugly hacked together mess. But I guess if it works, then it works...

Lol, none taken. Its all we had to get my bothers truck back on the road in a afternoon. His factory pump crapped out and he was three hours from home visiting family. Desperate measures.

Im not much on that rigged banjo bolt deal, you could have at least took a little time to make everything look halfway decent. Not gonna say anything bad about the regulator bc thats what Im using and it works perfect. Are you only using one filter though?

Haven't had any trouble from the banjo bolt. I do wish that we could have built a bracket to hold it from vibrating. Yes just the one filter.

Overall it works good. Faster start, smoother idle, better throttle response, and most importantly holds 65 PSI, when factory could barely maintain 20, and would drop to nothing under hard acceleration.

Basic and crude, but functional.

bluedge8

Reaction score
I was thinking about doing the same thing, how hard was it to mod the banjo bolt part? I already have the Joedaddy mod done, just thinking about electric fuel, and I have a spare mechanical fuel pump just sitting here,,,,,

Big Calo

Reaction score
I was thinking about doing the same thing, how hard was it to mod the banjo bolt part? I already have the Joedaddy mod done, just thinking about electric fuel, and I have a spare mechanical fuel pump just sitting here,,,,,

It's easy. Take the banjo bolt and tap the end for 1/4" pipe thread, and put a 5/16 hose barb there. Then cut the threaded portion of the pump off, just take care not to damage the flat surface where the sealing washer goes. Then cut the feed line off and run fuel hose from there straight to the hose barb.

Latest posts

Members online