Just a heads up to the community.....

Straubtech

Reaction score
6.0L Victor head gaskets are 100% USA made. This is one reason they cost more than the Fel Pro's. The Fel Pro's are 100% Chinese made.

webb06

Reaction score
And are the same as oem gaskets? With different sealant color?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Yep. I seen a recent build with fel pros and held my tongue

Extended Power

Reaction score
Not sure what to think of that...
I blew the head gaskets out of my first twin setup within a week of installing the Victor Rienz gaskets with ARP's.
Changed out to Ford stock head gaskets and H-11, or H-13? studs....been running more fuel, boost, and power ever since, and have had no issues with them.

I don't understand why some people seem to think they need o-rings or fire rings when they are running 50-60psi of boost...:wtf:

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
So it went from cams to now a Headgasket expert? Or what was the point of the post? Have done literally hundreds of trucks with fel pros many daily driven 6.0's with over 600-650 and have never had a gasket failure. I appreciate the American made as much as the next guy but don't be naive thinking these trucks are only made with 100 percent USA parts. It's the same old saying that when you go to war remember your weapon came from the lowest bidder sort of deal. Don't forget that the first VR GASKET were black onyx which failed miserably and they were great American quality.

As far as the guy who said he held his breath with fel pros when he saw them in a build , aren't you the same person who said "the truck didn't have any gasket issues before so I don't see a need to get the heads checked"

Not trying to be ignorant but the people who post some of this **** have heard a friend say this or that or most of the time not had first hand experience.

Last edited:

kwelch08

Reaction score
The last shop that worked on my truck but the VR gaskets in and 2 weeks later I had head gasket failure. They are junk.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

strokin6L

Reaction score
This is nothing new! It's been stated time and time again for the last 2-3 years probably...that OEM, Victor Rienz and Black Diamond are all identical except for the sealant color!

Last edited:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
As far as the guy who said he held his breath with fel pros when he saw them in a build , aren't you the same person who said "the truck didn't have any gasket issues before so I don't see a need to get the heads checked"

Yes that was me. And I also dsclaimered heavily that it was MY own personal truck and NOT a customers. Knowing that the person it would fall back on was me, myself, and I...

co04cobra

Reaction score
Isn't there only maybe $200 savings for aftermarket vs oem? Why chance it at all?

Redoing one HG job would negate the savings on countless others you "thought" were being saved on. JMO.

Straubtech

Reaction score
So it went from cams to now a Headgasket expert? Or what was the point of the post? Have done literally hundreds of trucks with fel pros many daily driven 6.0's with over 600-650 and have never had a gasket failure. I appreciate the American made as much as the next guy but don't be naive thinking these trucks are only made with 100 percent USA parts. It's the same old saying that when you go to war remember your weapon came from the lowest bidder sort of deal. Don't forget that the first VR GASKET were black onyx which failed miserably and they were great American quality.

Not trying to be ignorant but the people who post some of this **** have heard a friend say this or that or most of the time not had first hand experience.

I've made valve locks/keeper for years in this country. I have lost customers to overseas and lure of cheap prices. I recently got a customer back because of install height issues. They found out that cheap price of locks didn't make up for the extra hour it took to assemble heads.

I've been in the industry since 1989. I have seen it change in many good ways but in many bad ways. Companies have sold out to investment groups who have taken great brands and trimmed the fat, source the product to cheaper labor overseas and in turn taken a quality part and destroyed it. I feel the consumer needs to be educated on what they are buying.

kwelch08

Reaction score
They are identical to OEM haha...have a better shop work on your truck!
If you say so, funny every shop I've talked to won't touch them even if you bring them yourself. I'll tell you what I won't take your word for it and continue to use Ford oem.

Last edited:

oilfieldtrash15

Reaction score
I've made valve locks/keeper for years in this country. I have lost customers to overseas and lure of cheap prices. I recently got a customer back because of install height issues. They found out that cheap price of locks didn't make up for the extra hour it took to assemble heads.

I've been in the industry since 1989. I have seen it change in many good ways but in many bad ways. Companies have sold out to investment groups who have taken great brands and trimmed the fat, source the product to cheaper labor overseas and in turn taken a quality part and destroyed it. I feel the consumer needs to be educated on what they are buying.

Can you make a set of 6.0 heads that cure the problem in the USA, flow and cool better than stock, and cost around a set of replacement heads from the dealership?

Headgasket brand discussions would probably become less relevant.

strokin6L

Reaction score
If you say so, funny every shop I've talked to won't touch them even if you bring them yourself. I'll tell you what I won't take your word for it and continue to use Ford oem.

Like I said....the VR, OEM and Black Diamond are made on the exact same machines from Mahle. Do a little research. If the VR is junk...then you're pretty much saying the OEM gaskets are junk!

strokin6L

Reaction score
Black Diamonds pictured....notice the "Victor Rienz" printed on the cardboard under the gasket?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1457538283365.jpg
    FB_IMG_1457538283365.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 116

Latest posts

Members online