Just bough 2011 6.7

joestroo

Reaction score
I've been running my canned minimaxx tunes for about a little over a week now. Drives great and I'm really enjoying it. Such an improvement over stock.

Sometimes I notice an abrupt downshift from 2nd to 1st at parking lot speeds, that kind of jolts the truck a bit. Hopefully that goes away as the transmission re-learns after the tune. If not I will be switching to an MCC tune.

When I put my 2011 on a diet about 2 months ago I had the same rough downshift. I was running a 90hp daily tune, so I went to my tow tune to see how it ran. It was fine, shifted better, but not as fun! LOL. I re-loaded the 90hp tune to give it another try, and its been shifting way better! I'm running custom tunes with a SCT X4, may not have the same result with the mini max, but it might worth a shot to re-load your tune and try again.

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
When I put my 2011 on a diet about 2 months ago I had the same rough downshift. I was running a 90hp daily tune, so I went to my tow tune to see how it ran. It was fine, shifted better, but not as fun! LOL. I re-loaded the 90hp tune to give it another try, and its been shifting way better! I'm running custom tunes with a SCT X4, may not have the same result with the mini max, but it might worth a shot to re-load your tune and try again.

That could be worth a try as it hasn't gotten much better. When I loaded the tune I did the 0-80mph transmission re-learn. I wasn't able to come to a complete stop between "runs" due to traffic, so I'm thinking that may be a reason my 2-1 downshift is so wonky...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
That could be worth a try as it hasn't gotten much better. When I loaded the tune I did the 0-80mph transmission re-learn. I wasn't able to come to a complete stop between "runs" due to traffic, so I'm thinking that may be a reason my 2-1 downshift is so wonky...
is the trans above 150° when this happens? it goes away in mine when its up above that..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
is the trans above 150° when this happens? it goes away in mine when its up above that..

live life full throttle

I never looked to check the temp, it usually happens when I make a quick trip somewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if the transmission wasn't past 150. I'll be sure to look the next time it happens.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

joestroo

Reaction score
I never looked to check the temp, it usually happens when I make a quick trip somewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if the transmission wasn't past 150. I'll be sure to look the next time it happens.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Mine would do it all the time, been good since thou.

NEVRNF

Reaction score
I just bought a 2011. Couple of things I noticed. Speedo was off 3-4 mph with the stock tires. On fill ups the gallons used on the trip display always shows 1.5-3 gallons less than what is actually filled up. The lie o meter is always showing much higher than calculated. Since I added the new shoes 35x12.5x20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers the speedo is now only off by 1. I also have the jerky down shift and it happens mostly on a cold trans and usually only within the 1st minute of driving. it has been on a diet previously so I have no before and after comparison. I am running canned H&S XRT Pro tunes. The only other thing to add to the OP is to purchase the Outlet Pipe upgrade also. The previous owner did this after having it explode while on a road trip with his boat and being stranded. These are my observations after 60 days of ownership.

04cr450

Reaction score
my 16 has the same symptoms. GH tuning, only does this when cold- the trans takes a good 30-40 mins of driving to get up to operating temperatures. Its funny, i put this truck on a diet at 439 miles old... now it has 2,300 miles on it and now the truck has all these weird trans shifting issues etc etc. I guess everything is breaking in, not sure.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
my 16 has the same symptoms. GH tuning...... now it has 2,300 miles on it and now the truck has all these weird trans shifting issues etc etc.....

I had a similar experience with GH on MCC. Things kinda spiraled after about 10K, kept running for about 13K total and kept getting worse, so I went to T tunes. Much better, but only 3K on them now.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
my 16 has the same symptoms. GH tuning, only does this when cold- the trans takes a good 30-40 mins of driving to get up to operating temperatures. Its funny, i put this truck on a diet at 439 miles old... now it has 2,300 miles on it and now the truck has all these weird trans shifting issues etc etc. I guess everything is breaking in, not sure.

gimme a call we'll see if there is any changes we can make, but it's definitely not normal .

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
My hard 2nd to 1st downshift only happens when the transmission is cold, I can confirm.
Any of my other shifting issues seem to have resolved themselves after 100-200 miles of city driving. I may get a funny shift here or there, but I chalk it up to canned tunes.
I'm happy with the way it drives... for now...

doo dah

Reaction score
My hard 2nd to 1st downshift only happens when the transmission is cold, I can confirm.
Any of my other shifting issues seem to have resolved themselves after 100-200 miles of city driving. I may get a funny shift here or there, but I chalk it up to canned tunes.
I'm happy with the way it drives... for now...

I have been dealing with shift issues for almost a year on mine, cold or warm and I have about 50k miles with the tune. I took my lift off and went to stock wheels/tires with traction bars and I don't notice it as much but they are still there. I haven't bought new tunes from anyone because I am weary at throwing another $300 at tunes when I have already spent over $600 (GH on H&S MM). I hope yours gets better and stays better, mine still like a thorn in the side.

04cr450

Reaction score
not sure if it makes a difference but when we ******d mine- we only unplugged the 2 plugs on the egr cooler(15 and 16's only have 2 plugs on the coolers where the 11 thru 14's i believe have 3)... was also supposed to unplug the butterfly valve which we did not. Hope i didn't hurt anything by driving it around like this, truck seemed fine.
Now it shifts perfect- it even stated to unplug the butterfly valve in the directions- :doh:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I have been dealing with shift issues for almost a year on mine, cold or warm and I have about 50k miles with the tune. I took my lift off and went to stock wheels/tires with traction bars and I don't notice it as much but they are still there. I haven't bought new tunes from anyone because I am weary at throwing another $300 at tunes when I have already spent over $600 (GH on H&S MM). I hope yours gets better and stays better, mine still like a thorn in the side.

call or email , i'd like to try something else for you .

Jomax

Reaction score
my 12 is a cclb 4x4.. stock hight on 35 12.5s.. I get 17-21 mpg with cruise set between 70-90mph... same exact thing it got when bone stock... hand calculated...

live life full throttle

I wish I'd get that good. These 15'+ are different animals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I wish I'd get that good. These 15'+ are different animals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah but I'm tapped out at 450hp.. you guys have a 120 horse on me! or more..

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online