Just curious if anyone has an idea....

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Lately been noticing a "sputter" when shifting from P to D or D to R. I have to delay giving any acceleration for a second or it shudders a bit like its starving for fuel but then snaps right out of. Just curious if anyone else has had this or maybe an idea. Thanks guys!

Alfie

Reaction score
First thing that comes to mind would be sticking IPR but hard to say not seeing the truck

Any recent repair history?

Is the Sputter really fast, also if you out it in drive and hold the brake and rev the motor up. Then let the throttle go. Will the truck stall or dip down low on RPMs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mdub707

Reaction score
I used to have a "shudder" when shifting to reverse too, it was my transmission on it's way out. If I got on it hard, it seemed to go away, but at light throttle positions it shuddered. Also had a delay going into reverse.

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
I have replaced IPR already few months ago. Recently had new MTW stage 1, new upgraded up pipes, and tune from Gearhead. Can't recall if it was doing before, but I think it did.

Web shifting into R it is sometimes hard and makes a loud "thud" but figured it was somewhat normal. I can either throttle through the shudder or wait 2 sec and it drives normal.

Latest posts

Members online