Just started 3-5 shift flares

Ford460power

Reaction score
So got in truck after work and on way home have developed a nasty shift flare. Trans has been fine zero issues. I've tried changed sct tunes and going back to stock and still happens. So needing new solenoid or tranny about to go? Fluid is fresh and nothing burnt.

slc6oh

Reaction score
From my understanding: once its started to, the solenoid wont fix it... I could be wrong tho

Ford460power

Reaction score
Mine was acting up again, started throwing some codes and had no lock up and flashing tow haul light, checked a bunch of stuff unhooked battery's and checked plugs and connectors everything was good, started truck up and no codes no flashing tow haul and its been fine for a few days, still have a shift flare though. Then yesterday started throwing a code for no kam voltage and finally tracked down alternator wasn't putting out but barely 12.5 13 v even at wot, so changed alternator and again everything looks ok.

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
The first thing to try is clearing the memory. Disconnect the PCM or the negative battery cables. Once in a while the learning software learns itself into a hole that it can't find it's way out of.

Zmann

Reaction score
The first thing to try is clearing the memory. Disconnect the PCM or the negative battery cables. Once in a while the learning software learns itself into a hole that it can't find it's way out of.

that's interesting

Latest posts

Members online