Just tuned & ******d not running right.

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
Just tuned & del eted not running right.

I tuned and de leted my 10 today. After I got done I drove the truck for about 10 miles everything sounded good. after a couple heavy take offs and rolling into it a few times I went back home. Take the truck out a few hours later and when I take off I get the whooooshhhhh sound pretty bad. Sounds like its coming from the downpipe/ firewall area.Take it back home put a little extra on the turbo clamp and the first clamp on the bottom of down pipe. Take it back out same thing happens, when I shut it off it made a real loud whooooshhhhh. Kinda stumped, running live wire with inn vative 3.01 tunes????? Looking for ideas

Last edited:

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
I would be taking a hard look at the up pipes and the feed pipe to the E G r coolers. If you had an issue with down pipe, stock I take it, it would made it a louder exhaust sound, a looot louder...so it's not that.

I would bet you have a hole or a crack in one of them.... SBYL...

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
Ya I've been checking it over pretty hard, trying to decide if I have the time and want to too do this lol.. or just take it sonewhere.. it's definitely 100% on the passenger side of the truck though..

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Look for black soot. Use a mirror. I blew the EGR pipe bellow first removed that then blew the driver side up pipe bellow some time after. It might have been leaking for a while and the added back pressure did it in.
How I ended up finding mine was brake stalling the truck i the driveway and saw some smoke come from under the hood to determine what side. Mine was slight and on the engine side of the bellow so hard to see.

Latest posts

Members online