Just tuned & ******d not running right.

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
I tuned and de leted my 10 today. After I got done, I drove the truck for about 10 miles everything sounded good. After a couple heavy take offs, and rolling into it a few times I went back home. Take the truck out a few hours later and when I take off I get the whooooshhhhh sound pretty bad. Sounds like its coming from the downpipe/ firewall area.Take it back home put a little extra on the turbo clamp and the first clamp on the bottom of down pipe. Take it back out same thing happens, when I shut it off it made a real loud whooooshhhhh. Kinda stumped, running live wire with inn vative 3.01 tunes????? Looking for ideas

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I tuned and de leted my 10 today. After I got done, I drove the truck for about 10 miles everything sounded good. After a couple heavy take offs, and rolling into it a few times I went back home. Take the truck out a few hours later and when I take off I get the whooooshhhhh sound pretty bad. Sounds like its coming from the downpipe/ firewall area.Take it back home put a little extra on the turbo clamp and the first clamp on the bottom of down pipe. Take it back out same thing happens, when I shut it off it made a real loud whooooshhhhh. Kinda stumped, running live wire with inn vative 3.01 tunes????? Looking for ideas

up pipe ?

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
It only does it under load, if you just sit in park a bring the rpm's up it doesn't do it.. Wouldn't an up pipe leak all the time? ??? Another thing it never made the sound until I changed the exhaust.

djr4x4

Reaction score
woosh when it shifts or let off the throttle quickly or do you hear a psychotic air leaf blower/jet taking off? lol

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
Kind of all the above lol. It would start to do it under light acceleration so I'd let off then it would stop. Other times i could get a little heavier on the throttle before it would start. After I let it sit and idle for about 10 minutes after checking the turbo connection and other classes ps do leaks when I shut it off there was a big whooooshhhhh. The truck in general seems to run different than my 09 did. Seems to idle a bit high and a few other things. Not sure if I need to contact the tuner and see about getting the tunes tweaked ?

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
Well damn, I was kinda thinking that after mike mentioned it earlier was just hoping it wasn't lol. I guess my next question is how much of a pita are they to change.

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
I did some more looking around under the truck, looked at both of the bellows. There were no blatant signs of damage.. Would these sounds be possible from the down pipe not having a good seal at the turbo>>

RNally

Reaction score
I did some more looking around under the truck, looked at both of the bellows. There were no blatant signs of damage.. Would these sounds be possible from the down pipe not having a good seal at the turbo>>

You wouldn't exactly see "damage" at the flex joints. You'd see black soot blown out on the engine or firewall where the joint blew out.

Latest posts

Members online