K&p reuseable oil filter and oil samples ?

Pstroke14

Reaction score
Wondering about the k&p re usable filters , who's running them ? Anyone do any oil samples before and after , filtering effectiveness and what not ,

Zmann

Reaction score
to skeered I won't even run one on my dual sport
but subscribed for UOA 's

sootie

Reaction score
bigrpowr runs one on his built motor...so does the kid from Ohio that is getting high powers installed at Unlimited

Black AOD

Reaction score
Wondering about the k&p re usable filters , who's running them ? Anyone do any oil samples before and after , filtering effectiveness and what not ,
Anyways,

OP, I run one on my setup, I can't speak for oil samples yet but I will soon. I went from Chevron Delo 15w-40 running a rev x oil additive and I just made the switch to Lubrication Engineers 8854. So we will see. As for filtration, it beats anything short of a custom bypass system. It does fom 35 micron down to 2 micron. When you see the actual filtration for yourself and what it filters, you'll be shocked. WhiteMamba runs one on his built 12' 6.7 F350 as well and Mike (BigR) does on his built 6.7 as well...others do as well I just don't know who

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I have one on my 7.3 Ex. Love it!!

Just make sure you torque it to spec when you install it. I just hand tightened it the first time and there is a big spot in my driveway to prove it LOL

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i run one in my built 6.7 . i'm pretty sure its about expensive as these engines get and so far so good. clay stewart , powerstroke enginuities , and a bunch of other shops have sold many , with nothing but great reviews.

Pstroke14

Reaction score
Yeah looks like a good deal , was just curious who all was running them and results , and if you guys it does a better job filtering , a lot of guys talk trash about clean able reuseable filteres , I see a lot of reuseable filters in heavy equipment applications and it does a hell of a job , way I look at it if it's in a 1/4 million piece of equipment someone did the R&d ,that stuff operates in the harshest conditions possible , think I gonna have to get one from you mike

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
if a truck was under warranty and something gives would Ford decline warranty because they see its a aftermarket filter, even though that wasn't even the cause?

Black AOD

Reaction score
Yeah looks like a good deal , was just curious who all was running them and results , and if you guys it does a better job filtering , a lot of guys talk trash about clean able reuseable filteres , I see a lot of reuseable filters in heavy equipment applications and it does a hell of a job , way I look at it if it's in a 1/4 million piece of equipment someone did the R&d ,that stuff operates in the harshest conditions possible , think I gonna have to get one from you mike

CAT uses them in a ton of their large equipment, International and Cummins use them in their BIG motors too. K&P has a no BS warranty too. If it fails and you need a replacement, they will do it for free no questions asked last I talked to them. I was shocked when I first cleaned mine. The stuff it picks out and filters is mind blowing.

whats the process to clean the filter?

Pull it, let it drain best you can, take a whole bottle of brake cleaner or carb cleaner or something similar, blast the heck out of it till it looks clean, then take an air hose and blow it out completely until it is dry. You can take a small brush or pick and pick out the little pieces stuck up in the top or bottom of the aluminum caps but you'll never get it all....

higherlife

Reaction score
CAT uses them in a ton of their large equipment, International and Cummins use them in their BIG motors too. K&P has a no BS warranty too. If it fails and you need a replacement, they will do it for free no questions asked last I talked to them. I was shocked when I first cleaned mine. The stuff it picks out and filters is mind blowing.

Pull it, let it drain best you can, take a whole bottle of brake cleaner or carb cleaner or something similar, blast the heck out of it till it looks clean, then take an air hose and blow it out completely until it is dry. You can take a small brush or pick and pick out the little pieces stuck up in the top or bottom of the aluminum caps but you'll never get it all....

What CAT engines run these filters. I've never seen one with a k&p reusable filter

CATDiezel

Reaction score
What CAT engines run these filters. I've never seen one with a k&p reusable filter

Marine. Mak. Not a KP but theven exact same concept.

The diesel 3600's have the option of running 3 centrifuge systems.

The cm34 (MAK) CAT engine runs a BOLLFILTER. A much larger version of the KP. I see them daily.

Pstroke14

Reaction score
A lot of reuseable filters in cat heavy equipment , most all our equipment is cat with the exception of few bobcat skidsrsteers ,

Latest posts

Members online