Kc stage 2

kwelch08

Reaction score
Finally got to tow my 33ft fifth wheel with my set up. Last time I weight my trailer with everything I own in it, it weighted in right at 12.5k. My set up is 195/30 injectors kc stage 2 turbo, and all the supporting mods. My egts running 70mph at 1900 rpms stayed between 900-1050. Only once crossing the Fred Hartman bridge in Baytown did my egts reach 1200, and that was only for a sec when I was under the turbo. Bottom line 195 with a 30% can make a fun truck while still being able to maintain the ability to tow a good bit. I use an analog gauge to monitor my egts.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Thats awesome to hear. I have a similarset up and am going to be towing my 38 ft 15k trailer next weekend. I was curious as to how it was gonna do.

Reaction score
Thats awesome to hear. I have a similarset up and am going to be towing my 38 ft 15k trailer next weekend. I was curious as to how it was gonna do.
Please report back, I came from a 7.3, and with it the larger than stock nozzle injectors towed cooler and better, due to shorter pulse width, and of coarse tuning was key. So far it seems that the standard for the 6.0 is to stock with smaller injectors and stock nozzles. It's just confusing cause I figured shorter pulse width would benefit all platforms, maybe tuning just isn't as good with 6.0s? I mean stock injectors for the obs was 98cc, and guys were towing cooler with 250/200s with right turbo and tuning.

06-6.0l, studded, reworked heads, egr ******, blue spring mod, 6.4 banjos, dummy plugs, stand pipe, upgraded stc fitting, New oil cooler, New ipr, New icp, atlas 40 FICM, stage 1 powermax, and Looney wild, 325/65R18

kwelch08

Reaction score
Yeah and that was on the canned act 50hp tow tune. With a custom tow tune it would do way better.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Got done towing mine this weekend. Towed great. As kwelch said, temps would climb pretty quick when i wasn't paying attention and dropped below the turbo. I saw about 1200-1250, then once i kicked it out of overdrive itd drop to 1100. Cruising at 70 with tow/haul on at about 2000-2100 it stayed about 1050-1100. Going through 55 zones temps were around 900. I was a little worried about my temps as the idp tunes were cruising at 75 un loaded at 850-875, but once i started moving a bunch of air with the load on the back they were very reasonable. And this thing pulled onto the highway with no problem at all...

kwelch08

Reaction score
Got done towing mine this weekend. Towed great. As kwelch said, temps would climb pretty quick when i wasn't paying attention and dropped below the turbo. I saw about 1200-1250, then once i kicked it out of overdrive itd drop to 1100. Cruising at 70 with tow/haul on at about 2000-2100 it stayed about 1050-1100. Going through 55 zones temps were around 900. I was a little worried about my temps as the idp tunes were cruising at 75 un loaded at 850-875, but once i started moving a bunch of air with the load on the back they were very reasonable. And this thing pulled onto the highway with no problem at all...
Good to hear brother. I love this setup I have because it's hard to have a semi fast truck and still be able to haul my truck to the next job. I'm happy I went the route I did. It's a blast to drive on a full fuel tune, and pulls amazing.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
We are glad you like your setup so much.

190/30 + KC stage 2 64mm turbo has been a great combo. It has been very popular recently. Spools very fast. It is great to be able to load up a tow tune and pull max weight, then load up a street tune and run clean around town with tons of power... then on the weekend load up a full fuel tune and have just enough fuel left over for a little spray if wanted.

Its only about 530-575hp fuel only but that is really all most guys need/want on the street. Above 600hp and traction becomes useless under 50mph in 2wd

Latest posts

Members online