Keeps blowing injectors

cam91

Reaction score
Got my 6.0 back a couple days ago, after getting studded, deleted, new heads, all 8 injectors, oil cooler, up stand pipes. Anyways it's blown 10 injectors since I've owned it, excluding the one(s) today, I replaced the lpfp and fuel pressure regulator, within 20xxxkms fuel filters were just done as well. Any ideas as to why she keeps popping injectors still? Also my dad was the PO, and he said when he towed with it, it would usually pop an injector or two, not sure if that's related.

Sent while on my magic poop stealing water chair

co04cobra

Reaction score
You mean its ruining injectors? Causes a miss? or hydrolocking? I still don't think we are quite following what you mean.

cam91

Reaction score
Yea, ruins them, it seemed like it was misfiring today but no codes came up. So maybe today it didn't wreck any.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Ruining by just a miss or a miss with circuit high/low codes (possible harness issue)?
FICM voltage good?

co04cobra

Reaction score
I would be confirming fuel psi under load. Had any hpop issues with the truck?

cam91

Reaction score
Yea I thought maybe it was fuel pressure as well, don't have a gauge for it yet. As for hpop, no issues that I know of

Stroker04

Reaction score
Are these oem ford injectors or another brand? There are several builders such as Pensacola diesel that don't have a very good reputation at all. I put about 9 of them in a truck within a one year span.

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

Bobby@MPD

Reaction score
What is actually happening to the injectors? Blowing & missing are general terms....are the spool valves sticking, are the nozzles clogging up, are they firing at all? Make sure they are installing them correctly, make sure they are tightening the hold downs properly

cam91

Reaction score
I do believe they're ford injectors, the shop gave me a one year warranty on everything so I can take it back, it's just 4.5hrs away. I'll take it out for another drive today and get a better opinion/assessment.

Sent from my magic poop stealing water chair

Bobby@MPD

Reaction score
If they are Ford injectors them come with a two year warranty.... Now the shop may only offer a one year warranty on labor

Kdavid1

Reaction score
Just something to look at as someone posted maybe the injectors weren't torqued correctly--if that is the case you need to verify you are not filling up the crank case with diesel. It does make sense that changing the tune makes it go away but it could still be a volt issue with alt. Batts, or ficm or fuel pressure as well and is masked with the tune that works good--just my .02

2006 F350 4x4 6.0L

SledDogg

Reaction score
This is blowing an injector. Broke backing ring. Dead on hwy.

Attachments

• IMG_20141227_113801947.jpg
    IMG_20141227_113801947.jpg
    810.3 KB · Views: 99

Latest posts

Members online