Keeps blowing injectors

Gearhead

Reaction score
replace the icp sensor.... if it is under-reporting the oil pressure it runs it high all the time which causes un-necessary stress on the injectors. Now if the injectors weren't assembled correctly and the bolts were over torqued on the bodies, I can see them breaking like that.

SledDogg

Reaction score
1 new injector, new IPR were installed. Shop I deal with when Gary doesn't do my work said that low fuel pressure has caused this in several trucks that they've seen. I know my pressure is good though.

SledDogg

Reaction score
ICP will be replaced soon, just as a maintenance issue. Put 132,000 miles on truck in 8 months. EBPS as well.

SledDogg

Reaction score
Funny, it was #7 that blew apart. #7 & #5 oil rail sockets had been repaired because #7 was leaking after head gasket job.

Dealership said rail repair sockets were purple in color if that means anything.

I will be replacing other 7 sticks soon. Guess that I should replace/repair all rails/sockets.

Jeremy @ No Limit

Reaction score
Shop I deal with when Gary doesn't do my work said that low fuel pressure has caused this in several trucks that they've seen. I know my pressure is good though.

Ummm no. Low fuel pressure WILL damage an injector but not in this way that happened to yours. You might need a new mechanic.....

SledDogg

Reaction score
Low fuel pressure causing it was from injector warranty reps. Just repeating his experience. They tested for fuel pressure on those trucks. Maybe it was just part of issue....I am not knowledgeable about this. Always learning.

Gary

Reaction score
This is what low fuel pressure causes

Gary%20iphone5%20dec2013%20486_zpslvchlptm_1.jpg

That top backer ring was probably cracked by the guys that put those top injector seals in, I'll bet they were fighting the snap ring and cracked it, then reused it. Those backer rings don't just fail.

Latest posts

Members online