kem 345 to h&s 300!

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Hey, just wanted to share my experience after swapping form my previous kem 345 tuned on the dash daq to the h&s300 on one of my trucks. I have tuned many trucks with h&s and all were happy, so I figured I would give it a shot on my own. I have to say that right away I love the shifting. All of my kem clunking is gone. I went with the s1l shift schedule and it is perfect. Locks low and tons of power. Shifting is the same every time, unlike the 345. It is the closest yet power wise to my spartan 310. I have been holding off on updating my dash daq for years because I didnt want to lose the 345. I now know that there are many improvements over the 345. Now I will update my dash daq and get the newer spartan tunes so I can have the best of both worlds.

BFT

Reaction score
Yeah, I dynoed the 310 and 345 back to back on a freshly built trans a year back, and there was a big difference in power. I'd like to give the h&s a swing if money permits in the future.

Johnny77Mutt

Reaction score
My KEM tunes always felt a lot stronger than my h&s tunes. Lower temps and much better low end also. I always used my KEM 345 for a dd and it was quick, but my KEM 310 pulls like an animal. It could be different though being I have a manual. Like you said, update that dashaq and you will have all around awesome tunes to choose from, and don't forget about MCC.

stroker007

Reaction score
i made the switch to, there is no comparison in the shifting. h&s shifting is way better and it even feels more powerful. any won that has dynoed the 345. what was your numbers?

08twinturbo

Reaction score
I also really liked the kem 345 .i think it could be a much better tune if it could be tweaked some in the shifting and top end power dept. . I think the highest #s I ever saw reported on a stock truck was around 550, and that was just what someone posted. Most sheets I saw were in the 530 range. The shifting was ok, but it never shifted the same twice. It did have a lot of bottom end, but felll off on top. You can definitely feel the extra power in the h&s 300. It pulls very hard and shifts are very consistent. Also, the mcc is a great thing thats why I figured I would get a couple minis before they are all gone.

Last edited:

zack birge

Reaction score
After several different Tranny versions from Mike and none of them being worth a damn, I said hell withit. I will never waste money threw kem again. Biggest rip off I have bought for my truck.

08twinturbo

Reaction score
I went through several versions as well on 3 different trucks. They all had shift flairs and identical bugs in the shifting.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I also really liked the kem 345 .i think it could be a much better tune if it could be tweaked some in the shifting and top end power dept. . I think the highest #s I ever saw reported on a stock truck was around 550, and that was just what someone posted. Most sheets I saw were in the 530 range. The shifting was ok, but it never shifted the same twice. It did have a lot of bottom end, but felll off on top. You can definitely feel the extra power in the h&s 300. It pulls very hard and shifts are very consistent. Also, the mcc is a great thing thats why I figured I would get a couple minis before they are all gone.

What version on the H&S are you running?

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Im not sure. The mini maxes I got were built in late november 2012. I didnt update anything yet.

B585Ford

Reaction score
If they are that new, I suspect they were version .40 or newer. I ran version .32 for a long time and I can't believe the difference....for a dyno I suspect they would have been similar, but spool up is greatly improved on the newer versions (as well as much less smoke).

08twinturbo

Reaction score
I will check and see when I plug it up and report back. It sounds like the newer, because its very responsive like the 345 on bottom, but pulls way harder midrange and top end. Its way stronger than a previous version of the hot damn I ran a couple years ago. Im glad I tried it again.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Yup. I ran the H&S on the minimaxx, Tow Power Xs, stock fuel...

300HD tune, 680
KEM 345, 587
IDP Xrace, 667

Same dyno, same day, never unstrapped it...

Ran 345 on the street... felt like the Spartan 210... Very clean, very cool, but no real power feel. We pulled over, and reloaded the 300HD, and she was a rocket ship... Later loaded up the SCT, and havent looked back...

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Mine has the 6.4.44 tuning and it is very impressive. I am amazed how far they have come.

stroker007

Reaction score
Yup. I ran the H&S on the minimaxx, Tow Power Xs, stock fuel...

300HD tune, 680
KEM 345, 587
IDP Xrace, 667

Same dyno, same day, never unstrapped it...

Ran 345 on the street... felt like the Spartan 210... Very clean, very cool, but no real power feel. We pulled over, and reloaded the 300HD, and she was a rocket ship... Later loaded up the SCT, and havent looked back...

dang, that's a big difference between kem and hd300 tune. I knew there was a power difference but didn't know it was that big.

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Well on a stock truck the differences between the two are not as far apart. But this tells us that there is a lot of potential in the hd300 over the kem when more mods are done. I am surprises at how hard the hd300 pulls on my stock truck vs. the kem 345. There is simply no comparison. It reminds me of when I switched from my spartan 275 to the spartan 310.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
dang, that's a big difference between kem and hd300 tune. I knew there was a power difference but didn't know it was that big.

As was I... LOL This was done over a year ago, and I am sure that each company has done an update or two since then. I was def not impressed, and sent the card back, as I was having a hard time, paying to lose power...

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Thats one reason I have moved on from kem. Descent tunes 2 years ago when I purchased them but never any updates to make the tune any better. Especially the shifting issues. Thats a big advantage to us when these tuning companies update files and allow us to try newer tuning to work small problems out.

bpb424

Reaction score
Lol looks like I need to upgrade. I'm still running the KEM 345 on the dashdaq.
I think I'm gonna finally upgrade it and try the new spartan tunes

Latest posts

Members online