Keyless Entry

bigcountrysg

Reaction score
My keyless entry stopped working. I swapped the battery in the remote and tried to reprogram it. But the system is not responding to the remote. This has not worked for a while. Since my batteries for the truck went dead about a year ago. I would like to get it working again. If it is to expensive to repair the stock the keyless entry. I will just get an alarm with remote start installed since that costs about 100 dollars now a days.

I already checked the fuses they are good. Is there control module for this.

Denver

Reaction score
There is a procedure to calibrate the remote to the truck. I think you hit the lock and then unlock button 10 times (on the door panel) then the locks will lock then unlock then press the buttons on the remote and it should program to the truck.

ToMang07

Reaction score
My keyless entry stopped working. I swapped the battery in the remote and tried to reprogram it. But the system is not responding to the remote. This has not worked for a while. Since my batteries for the truck went dead about a year ago. I would like to get it working again. If it is to expensive to repair the stock the keyless entry. I will just get an alarm with remote start installed since that costs about 100 dollars now a days.

I already checked the fuses they are good. Is there control module for this.

The step-by-step procedure is in your owner's manual.... just throw the new battery in the remote, and re-program it. :thumbup:

bigcountrysg

Reaction score
Boy people don't listen. I put new batteries in the remote already. They will not program. I have been following the manual. Guess I will go to the dealer.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Boy people don't listen. I put new batteries in the remote already. They will not program. I have been following the manual. Guess I will go to the dealer.

Listened just fine. You said you "swapped batteries." didn't say they were new, and said nothing about what procedure you used to program it.

Just trying to help. :shrug:

Zaairman

Reaction score
I'd buck up the $11 or so that it costs to get a new transmitter off ebay/Amazon before taking it to the dealer and spending $100 on a diagnosis. But that's just me.

ToMang07

Reaction score
I'd buck up the $11 or so that it costs to get a new transmitter off ebay/Amazon before taking it to the dealer and spending $100 on a diagnosis. But that's just me.

Yeah, that's what I did. Mine came with a broken transmitter. I bought one for $12 plus shipping... works like a charm!

ToMang07

Reaction score
I have even tried to reprogram one of the extra ones I have for my f-150 still nothing.

It's probably because you have a 20002 F-250.... the technology today isn't compatible.

On a more serious note... only other thing I can think of would be to check your fuses, and unhook the batteries for a bit (overnight) and try again....any chance you're just programming it wrong?

bigcountrysg

Reaction score
It is not the remotes, they have been tested are sending signal. The vehicle goes into program mode. But will not respond to the remotes.

Dealer is also confused because the truck goes into program mode, but does not respond to the remotes.

Bottomsjc

Reaction score
I have the same issue with the exception that I finally got one FOB to program but it only works occasionally. Did you figure out what was causing it.

Latest posts

Members online