Kill switch with factory remote start??

bigbrdf250

Reaction score
would like to install a kills switch or an anti theft something to my 2011 f250. Though I have a factory remote start and would like to keep that option working as it is. Does anybody know of something that will keep that working and keep my truck from getting stolen?

CurtisF

Reaction score
Nope. Rely on PATS, or add an alarm.

2011 and newer switched to the CGEA remote start systems for both factory and Ford genuine accessory options. Everything is software controlled through the PCM and dash cluster. You can't add a kill switch and still have a functioning remote start at the same time. It's all or nothing.

You can add an alarm. Ford now has a plug-and-play CGEA alarm that adds shock and full anti-theft. Plugs into the DLC and auto programs in about 10 seconds, works with PATS and factory keyless entry. Alarm will automatically arm 15 seconds after hitting the lock button on the key FOB.

Part number is DL3Z-19A361-A.

That same module can be upgraded to long range remote start and/or Remote Access simply by adding antennas and/or FOB's. If you have Remote Access, it can text your phone any time the alarm is triggered, and it will tell you if it was perimeter alarm (i.e. door opened) or shock sensor that was set off. Just in case you want the ultimate in vehicle security. Expect to spend about $50/year for the subscription service for Remote Access.

bigbrdf250

Reaction score
Nope. Rely on PATS, or add an alarm.

That same module can be upgraded to long range remote start and/or Remote Access simply by adding antennas and/or FOB's. If you have Remote Access, it can text your phone any time the alarm is triggered, and it will tell you if it was perimeter alarm (i.e. door opened) or shock sensor that was set off. Just in case you want the ultimate in vehicle security. Expect to spend about $50/year for the subscription service for Remote Access.

What are the part numbers for the upgraded parts for long range and remote access??

CurtisF

Reaction score
What are the part numbers for the upgraded parts for long range and remote access??

Both of the long range remote starts take the same 1000' range windshield mounted antenna, just depends if you want one-way FOBs or the bi-directional. The bi-directional FOB will flash green if the vehicle is running, letting you know it started without having to peek your head out a window or go outside to check. The bi-directional only has one FOB in the box, but you can add additional ones.

Antenna - DL3Z-15603-C

One-Way FOB - DS7Z-15K601-F
Bi-Directional FOB - DL3Z-15K601-A

Remote access requires the RMU cell phone antenna. It also requires dealer activation.

RMU antenna - DL3Z-19A390-B

Keep in mind that Remote Access needs an AT&T 3G/4G data signal. If you live in an area that has crappy AT&T service, you're going to get error messages when trying to remote start your truck from your cell phone. Doesn't matter what carrier your phone is on, it's still like sending a text to another phone on the AT&T network.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have more questions, I deal with these things every day.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online