L.E.D Blinkers

Lowdown89

Reaction score
You can run a 6ohm 50 watt resistor and wire it in to one side and it usually puts enough load on the system to make them flash correctly... I know it works on dodges and I sold a set to a boy who wanted them for his ford.... If interested I have 2 pairs of em

Abrannan19

Reaction score
The easiest way is to just run either the front or rear with regular incandescent bulbs. It will fix all problems.

WHS. I have never had any good luck with resistors or making LEDS work in front and rear, but I've never used the napa PN Juls posted above..I fought and fought with resistors in my dually and edge and i just said screw it and only used LEDs in the front turn signal and called it a day.

BigRed97

Reaction score
Do you have stock tail lights? If so, you can't even tell if they are LED or not.

i have 08+ tail lights and yes you can tell the difference..thanks for the input you run incandesants and i'll run LED sound good?

WHS. I have never had any good luck with resistors or making LEDS work in front and rear, but I've never used the napa PN Juls posted above..I fought and fought with resistors in my dually and edge and i just said screw it and only used LEDs in the front turn signal and called it a day.

i started with just the rears and got the resistors from Retro(great to deal with BTW) with the LED and they worked perfect....now i have the front done and didnt want to spend the $ for two more resistors but i guess i need to...

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
i have 08+ tail lights and yes you can tell the difference..thanks for the input you run incandesants and i'll run LED sound good?

i started with just the rears and got the resistors from Retro(great to deal with BTW) with the LED and they worked perfect....now i have the front done and didnt want to spend the $ for two more resistors but i guess i need to...

No need to be rude man... Just throwing an option out there. On 08+ you can't tell a significant difference between LED's and incandescent bulbs used for the tail/brake light either. It is covered by red plastic so all you can see is red light. Also, the use of resistors actually defeats one of the purposes of LED lights. Energy consumption. Using a resistor will make the electrical system believe there is a normal incandescent bulb there because it pulls the correct amount of power. When the power has no where to go it just stays in the resistor. This, in turn, creates heat.

QtrHorse

Reaction score
No need to be rude man... Just throwing an option out there. On 08+ you can't tell a significant difference between LED's and incandescent bulbs used for the tail/brake light either. It is covered by red plastic so all you can see is red light. Also, the use of resistors actually defeats one of the purposes of LED lights. Energy consumption. Using a resistor will make the electrical system believe there is a normal incandescent bulb there because it pulls the correct amount of power. When the power has no where to go it just stays in the resistor. This, in turn, creates heat.

The purpose of using LED's is to get brighter lights without having to worry about increasing the wattage and melting a lens.

A red light behind a red lens will always look better than a white light behind a red lens. As an example, a 13 lumen red LED will look brighter than a 70 lumen white LED when they are both used behind a red lens. A white LED has the whole color spectrum in it which means there is only a tiny sliver of the red spectrum. All the other colors are wasted behind a red lens.

BigRed97

Reaction score

I wasn't being rude ...frankly, to me your coming across rude/know it all...

I'm fully aware of the "purposess of led light".

I'm fully aware of the difference that can be seen between led and incandescent in plastic lenses because I did it.

I'm fully aware that the resistor adds the "correct" load to the circuit , that is the entire point of adding them so you don't get the hyper flash.

Now that we've determined I'm not going to get rid of the leds and we both know things work lets stop before I do get rude

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I wasn't being rude ...frankly, to me your coming across rude/know it all...

I'm fully aware of the "purposess of led light".

I'm fully aware of the difference that can be seen between led and incandescent in plastic lenses because I did it.

I'm fully aware that the resistor adds the "correct" load to the circuit , that is the entire point of adding them so you don't get the hyper flash.

Now that we've determined I'm not going to get rid of the leds and we both know things work lets stop before I do get rude

I could care less if you take my advice or not. I was simply stating another way to do it. It is completely fine that you want to spend $70+(since you stated you bought everything from Retro) for no major difference. I converted all of my lights to LED except for the tail/brake lights. It was the best compromise I have ever done. Once you get it all figured out take some pics and show me a major difference. Until then I don't see a point in the hassle.

Latest posts

Members online