lack of power?

Fromojo

Reaction score
Like we haven't seen any threads with this title.

I can't come up with a conclussive result so;

Stock 04, 80,000 miles. Truck has ran great all its life from daily driving to towing farm supplies.

Says about once a week from a red light its like the truck has no power. I scanned and came up with an egr valve code and a turbo underboost code. I can get specifics later.

Cleaning egr valve helped briefly but still doing the same thing. Replace with new?

Lilpooh

Reaction score
If you have the late '04 with the EGR throttle plate, then check to see if its sticking or carbon build up around plate.

To check if the EGR valve is bad, while truck is off, unplug the EGR valve electrically, this will keep the valve in close position, then take for a test drive to see if you get your power back.

Fromojo

Reaction score
I'll look into the throttle plate, I don't think it has it but it's always good to know.

It's another truck that isn't mine but a family members, I had the codes memorized as I looked them up but it's been a while since we messed with the truck.

It's so rare and occasional that there hasn't been much of messing with it. I'm really thinking the EGR valve needs replaced, and will probably do that.

I told him to drive the truck really hard, in case the vanes in the turbo are sticking.

Filters, oil and everything else is tip top.

Atsah

Reaction score
I'll look into the throttle plate, I don't think it has it but it's always good to know.

It's another truck that isn't mine but a family members, I had the codes memorized as I looked them up but it's been a while since we messed with the truck.

It's so rare and occasional that there hasn't been much of messing with it. I'm really thinking the EGR valve needs replaced, and will probably do that.

I told him to drive the truck really hard, in case the vanes in the turbo are sticking.

Filters, oil and everything else is tip top.

Yup, hold it to the iron for 10-12 times for 5-7 seconds at a time.. Cleaning the valve doesn't last long.. Replace it and install the new set of O-rings.. Better yet, for the price of the valve, delete the POS or install a Bulletproof cooler..

Fromojo

Reaction score
He likes to keep his truck stock.

It's honestly out of all my friends and internet instances one of the best running/reliable 6.0L's I've seen. It was to the dealer a few times when brand new, but other than that it's get run fairly hard so I really doubt the turbo is sticking, unless it's just getting tired. We just used it the other day to pull a downed big oak around.

You know, I was even thinking maybe it was some lower end oil he changed giving some weird issues like that.

I'm not much into vodoo, but RevX might make it's way into the oil.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.