Larger injectors / stock nozzles

Chatham036

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how many cc's that stock nozzles are good for?

190/stock is what I am ultimately interested in. Can 190cc be emptied using stock nozzles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KCTurbos

Reaction score
You would have to run a very large pulse width to get 190/stock to dump all 190cc of fuel. I think 190/30 are a better combo but still pushing it. I sell a lot of 175/stock injectors and some guys love them and some guys claim zero hp gains. I have worked with some shops and without a FICM tune and with a typical pulse width of 2.4ms those tuners see 0 gains over stock injectors. I have narrowed it down to the tuning that is run. I have some IDP tunes that run 2.8ms of pulse width which help to dump most of the fuel... but that is going to really raise the cylinder pressures.

With that said I love the 175/stock and 190/stock option for someone looking for around 500hp. You get great atomization and great fuel mileage and can get them for a really good price. Then later on down the road you can buy a set of nozzles and swap them and gain a lot of power.

I dynoed my 175/stock vs 175/75 with a KC 68mm Stage 3 turbo (nothing changed except for the tune and nozzles). My seat of the pants did not notice a huge difference but the dyno shows otherwise. I think the reason my seat of the pants was off is because the larger nozzles had a lower atomization which moved the torque curve a little to the right, it actually caused the turbo to spool a little later (lost a little bit of driveability)

You can see that the smaller nozzles get more low end torque (not peak torque) it just kicks in sooner. After about 2800 rpms the bigger nozzles take over big time.

dynopic_zpsa1fa0231.png

Hope that helps :ford:

MrOneEyedBoh

Reaction score
I talked to Warren yesterday and he recommended to go with the 30 nozzle since it gives you more torque. I'm too debating 175 or 190 but either 30/50/75...

Chatham036

Reaction score
I talked to Warren yesterday and he recommended to go with the 30 nozzle since it gives you more torque. I'm too debating 175 or 190 but either 30/50/75...

Can the 30% clear the 190?

04stroker

Reaction score
Like KCturbos said you have to run quite big pulse width in the tuning to really benefit from a bigger stock nozzle injector. On a 2.4ms tune 175/stock flows no more than a stock injector. We usually recommend a bigger nozzle to people looking to make bigger power. Requires less pulse width therefor less cylinder pressure. 30% work well on a 190cc 30% from what I have seen on our bench and in trucks work really well on a 175cc. On most street driven trucks with mild upgrades that are used for towing we install 175/30 injectors.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I really like the 175/30 injectors. I also like the 190/30 injector but I don' think you will be dumping all the fuel assuming a safe/lower pulse width...

190cc-135cc = 55cc larger (40% bigger)

That would equate to needing a 40% nozzle to dump all the fuel.

135 + 30% = 175.5... so i think 175.5/30 would be a perfect combo.

Just FYI... I just ordered up a set of 285/75 and had them flow benched... at 4000icp and 2.4ms they dumped about 238-240cc

135+75% = 236.25... worked almost perfect for my theory.

dieseljosh07

Reaction score
How heavy are you able to tow with the 75%? Have you tried?

I've only towed around 6,000lbs since installing my injectors. I have customers who tow around 12,000lbs on 175/75's and even 190/100's with a mild tow tune. As you know turbo sizing is important also. I have a MTW stage 1 on the truck now and it cleans up to a light haze on a street tune, a little dirtier on a race file. Tow tune is a mild haze then fairly clean one the turbo lights. I'm going to try a Madd Max turbo this weekend and dyno it at the event in Rossville Saturday.

Chatham036

Reaction score
I really like the 175/30 injectors. I also like the 190/30 injector but I don' think you will be dumping all the fuel assuming a safe/lower pulse width...

190cc-135cc = 55cc larger (40% bigger)

That would equate to needing a 40% nozzle to dump all the fuel.

135 + 30% = 175.5... so i think 175.5/30 would be a perfect combo.

Just FYI... I just ordered up a set of 285/75 and had them flow benched... at 4000icp and 2.4ms they dumped about 238-240cc

135+75% = 236.25... worked almost perfect for my theory.

The only thing that is questionable in this theory is that everything is based off of the stock injector size rather than flow bench results.

Hell, who knows.. Maybe I am just fishing for an answer that simply isn't there. :fustrate:

windrunner408

Reaction score
Amen Jay. IMO, based off my own flow results with stock and 100% nozzles and Jesse's claim that 75% nozzles dump 240cc of fuel at 4000 psi of ICP and 2.4 ms of pw; I believe a 30% nozzle will dump a 190 body easily. Maybe even up to 200-205cc. The key component though in getting that to happen will be ensuring 4000+ psi of ICP is at the spool valves.

Last edited:

KCTurbos

Reaction score
The only thing that is questionable in this theory is that everything is based off of the stock injector size rather than flow bench results.

Hell, who knows.. Maybe I am just fishing for an answer that simply isn't there. :fustrate:

Well... you missed one part... they are based off of the stock injector size AND FLOW BENCH RESULTS.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Amen Jay. IMO, based off my own flow results with stock and 100% nozzles and Jesse's claim that 75% nozzles dump 240cc of fuel at 4000 psi of ICP and 2.4 ms of pw; I believe a 30% nozzle will dump a 190 body easily. Maybe even up to 200-205cc. The key component though in getting that to happen will be ensuring 4000+ psi of ICP is at the spool valves.

at what pulse width to do you see 30% nozzles dumping 205cc of fuel??? I had that same idea a few months ago and you said i was crazy???

Strokin7

Reaction score
Don't mean to derail the thread but ive narrowed it down to either 175/75 or 175/30 with a barder stage 2 turbo. Now that being said who has the best quality new injectors or remans of your current injectors.

Chatham036

Reaction score
Well... you missed one part... they are based off of the stock injector size AND FLOW BENCH RESULTS.

I did miss that part.
When I did the math to keep the cc equal to the nozzle percent based off the stock set up, I came to the same calculations you posted. I just assumed that is the same way you came up with the numbers

Chatham036

Reaction score
Don't mean to derail the thread but ive narrowed it down to either 175/75 or 175/30 with a barder stage 2 turbo. Now that being said who has the best quality new injectors or remans of your current injectors.

New injectors I would go with full force
Remained injectors I have heard great things from warren.

04stroker works for holder. I don't know anyone running these injectors personally, but I have heard good things about their company

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Jay,

You are right about 1 thing, I have not had 30% nozzle flow benched. That is next on my list. But my calculations were dead on for 75% nozzles

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I really like Warren... they can also build from remans just like everyone else.

But warren has those new solenoids that make building from your cores a much better option

04stroker

Reaction score
New injectors I would go with full force
Remained injectors I have heard great things from warren.

04stroker works for holder. I don't know anyone running these injectors personally, but I have heard good things about their company

Yea I am the owner of Holders we have just recently released our injectors to the public. Been building them for quite awhile just did not feel right selling them without having a flow bench and being able to flow every set we ship out with a sheet. We ordered the bench back in the summer and finally got it in and released the injectors. Anyone who wants more info I can give you references for people who do run them if you'd like to hear what they say. We have had nothing but good feedback so far (knock on wood). LOL I know we're new to the public eye when it comes to injector building but don't let that shy anyone away. We stand behind our stuff 100%.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.