Latest gauge updates...

Denver

Reaction score
While having a quality gauge may be a bit different then most, they are packed full of features and match the factory dash perfect. The one's I have installed are a factory Dodge match, Isspro also offers Factory Dodge, Ford and GM matches. No one else in the industry goes as far as this.

Danins match pretty well to the Superdutys 99-07 and OBS's. I'll get a picture of mine up later.

Snake

Reaction score
To each their own, a bit ricey for me. with some of the cheaper autometer gauges you can buy 1 short sweep temp gauge and use a switch to hook as many sending units to it you want, cheaper than buying each gauge individually

If you disconnected all those gauges you would probably gain 10hp. Lol

So how do monitor more than one thing at a time?

16 switches is a lot more ricey than multiple gauges (16 switches? Think Dr Dre). I can almost hear the conversation when some looks at a F-650 dash with a row of switches on it......."Duuuuude, what are all those switches for?"

"They're for my gauge."

Fromojo

Reaction score
So how do monitor more than one thing at a time?

16 switches is a lot more ricey than multiple gauges (16 switches? Think Dr Dre). I can almost hear the conversation when some looks at a F-650 dash with a row of switches on it......."Duuuuude, what are all those switches for?"

"They're for my gauge."

Well, we should put our thinking caps on first. I'm no electrical engineer, I hold no PH.Ds, so I propose this....

Not sure if we're on the same page with the 1 gauge, multiple temperature sensor monitoring. A lot of the short sweep electric temp probes Autometer have a 1 wire sensor. Run each probe's wire to a rotary switch for example, then the gauge gets hooked up to the rotary switch and can receive a signal to whichever switch position correlates to whichever temperature probe.

You cannot "monitor" more than one thing at one time, you simply switch the dial or flip to another position to see what the next probe's; wherever it is screwed in, temperature is. This is just a bypass to avoid extra burden of gauges if that is your preference.

The personal preference part is, "Do you need to see what the diff temp is?" I would assume that would be a YES in this instance, so you either buy a whole gauge just for that, or you can simply use my "proposed" method of obtaining a measurement while cutting down on costs and clutter...., again, personal preference. You get into ISSPRO, and all the other guages and I'm not quite sure how their wiring is. The downside is, until you "flip da switch homie" you won't know what your coolant temp is when the switch is positioned for the engine oil.

I hope this was a little more clear for Dr. Dre, his F650, and yourself.

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Well, we should put our thinking caps on first. I'm no electrical engineer, I hold no PH.Ds, so I propose this....

Not sure if we're on the same page with the 1 gauge, multiple temperature sensor monitoring. A lot of the short sweep electric temp probes Autometer have a 1 wire sensor. Run each probe's wire to a rotary switch for example, then the gauge gets hooked up to the rotary switch and can receive a signal to whichever switch position correlates to whichever temperature probe.

You cannot "monitor" more than one thing at one time, you simply switch the dial or flip to another position to see what the next probe's; wherever it is screwed in, temperature is. This is just a bypass to avoid extra burden of gauges if that is your preference.

The personal preference part is, "Do you need to see what the diff temp is?" I would assume that would be a YES in this instance, so you either buy a whole gauge just for that, or you can simply use my "proposed" method of obtaining a measurement while cutting down on costs and clutter...., again, personal preference. You get into ISSPRO, and all the other guages and I'm not quite sure how their wiring is. The downside is, until you "flip da switch homie" you won't know what your coolant temp is when the switch is positioned for the engine oil.

I hope this was a little more clear for Dr. Dre, his F650, and yourself.

Thats part of the beauty of the Performax line... You can have 17 gauges hooked up to the ESP, and only run the 4 or so you want to at that point. Drag racing, you dont really need the tranny temp, so throw the exhaust back pressure in the truck... Back up to the race trailer for the drive home, throw the trans temp back in... Oil temp at the track can be important, but rear diff maybe not... Same thing, throw the rear diff temp in the back seat and install the oil temp gauge.

You would get lost in a second with a 4-6-8 pole switch to figure out what probe your watching.

Does anyone need 17 gauges installed in the truck at one time, not really. But that was the limit of the system when it was designed, so we tested it at its limit for well over 30k before it was even reliease to the public. At this point I have over 100k on the gauges with only a few (3) sensor failures...

You also dont get a warning light with your cheap short sweep autometer gauges...

You dont get data logging...

You dont get peak recall...

Fromojo

Reaction score
I'm not familiar and am very ignorant towards anything other than Autometer, so that's my problem.

I don't think I will use anything other than Autometer for gauges, I got other means for datalogging if I need it, but that's just my preference. Just giving options, opinions; don't think one way is better than the other really.

Denver

Reaction score
Danins in my 02.
P1030987.jpg

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Joe, I just have one question. Why is your fuel pressure only reading 10lbs.? You stated that all gauges had the peak recall activated so I am just wondering why it is only showing 10lbs.

FORD7.3

Reaction score
Joe, I just have one question. Why is your fuel pressure only reading 10lbs.? You stated that all gauges had the peak recall activated so I am just wondering why it is only showing 10lbs.

he stated fuel and hpop dont have peak recall

FORD7.3

Reaction score
Peak Recall on the Performax version allows you to push a momentary button. All the gauges will go to the last recorded max reading (with the exception of fuel pressure and HPO pressure).

The Performax versions also offer data logging and of course you see the warning lights.

In the future there will be programing software to adjust the warning lights yourself, the EV-2 software is avalable now, but the performax is still out a bit.

here

FORD7.3

Reaction score
Gotcha. Thanks!

no problem!

speaking from first hand experience, the performax stuff is a little intimidating to hook up at first but is very easy to figure out and, even for some tard like myself who hates wiring. Joe you wont have to kick our asses, wire loom and zipties ftw!!

Reaction score
nice looking set up Joe...i have 22 gauges to watch in my IH Eagle car hauler...its not as hard as you would think to look over at them gauges ...but trying to fool with a switch at 70-75 MPH in heavy traffic takes your eyes off the road for that much longer....not safe IMO.....

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Changed a minor thing yesterday that I was never really happy with...

2131763430100112691S600x600Q85.jpg

2585481000100112691S600x600Q85.jpg

See the air pressure gauge on the dash, it was a cheap metal gauge holder meant for short term use, but that gauge has been up there for several years now...

Had a gauge pod someone had given me years ago for installing some gauges for them, and yesterday I just decided it was time to get it done.

2503463900100112691S600x600Q85.jpg

2682897730100112691S600x600Q85.jpg

2067734500100112691S600x600Q85.jpg

rat49f6

Reaction score
joe i have to help a friend install some isspro gauges this week in his 02 lariat le
wanted to know where to put the sensors for coolant temp, oil pressure (low pressure) and oil temp

thx in advance

CSIPSD

Reaction score
joe i have to help a friend install some isspro gauges this week in his 02 lariat le
wanted to know where to put the sensors for coolant temp, oil pressure (low pressure) and oil temp

thx in advance

Oil temp you can hit the port in the oil filter housing, or drill and tap the HPO Res...

Oil Pressure you can hit the oil filter housing, one of the ports on the block above the oil filter housing or use one of the plugs on the HPO res.

Coolant temp can go on the water pump, remove the plug on the housing just below the T-stat. Or you can put it on your coolant filter, or T it into the heater core lines.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.