Lazy Starts

Csilva187

Reaction score
My buddy's 04 is a slug! 200,000 daily driver. All stock. Just a slow lazy slug every time -20' to 120' out.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Definitely seems like I'm having an injector failure. I just started it up to move the truck up the driveway, also the first start of the day, and it smoked pretty heavily for just idling.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Mine has always started lazy when it's really hot outside, and crisper when it's cooler. Never really been a problem, but at some point you just know your truck so well that even the slightest change has you thinking all sorts of bad things LOL

I'd say it's fine myself. If you have a miss, that's something else, but the lazy roll into starting isn't an issue. Mine has done this since new.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Something is up. Your oil pressure didn't read for a while after it was running

That was an issue that Rob (FordRules) had on his truck when he installed the MPD oil filter/cooler relocation setup. When I first installed the kit it came up faster now it is coming up slower. I don't get why it would change.

ford rules

Reaction score
Mine would take so long to build LPO that it would set off the check guages light. I never really did get a solid answer as to what would fix it. Some said it needed a bypass and some said it needed a different filter housing. I didn't wanna dump anymore into the setup to make it work so I pulled it all off.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Anyone know if the OE oil filter has a build in pressure regulator in it that would help it build oil pressure when cranking? Maybe I can switch to some smaller oil lines to bring the pressure up?

All I know right now is that the setup works well and keeps oil temps in check, at least with the cooler I am using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Yesterday I decided its been too long and I need to try loading IDP's Xtreme Race tune, and imediately after loading the tune I noticed a difference in the way the truck started. Here is a video for reference, compare the two video's in my YouTube, and you can hear the difference. I may have to ask Eric if there is a difference in the tunes that would cause this.

http://youtu.be/XCTZEqqqSZs

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
Who knew, more power!!! Still has a misfire but the starts in general are much better. Should have built injectors next week, no BS this time, they're in good hands.

Latest posts

Members online