LE 8800 and Jim

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Well i got some miles and some racing in on my LE8800, figured id give a little review.

To start with, truck is an 04 runnng 205/30s from holders, with a kc stage 3. Before stepping injectors up i was running holders 190/30s with the same turbo, just figured the extra 15cc may help bump the last bit of power out of it. Previous setup with the 190s dynoed at 614 at the wheels, and track verified at 12.66@106, 7630lbs. Dyno after rebiuild with a new cam, lifters, push rods, and slightly larger injectors was 589. Needless to say i was kinda pissed.Motor has about 10k on it, and ever since seeing a post in the 7.3 section about Jim's oil, and the guys dipstick was still red after 10k, i figured id try the kool aid. LOL.

Finally figured out wihen hot, i would lose icp in the race tune, enoughso that it wouldnt build 18psi of boost to turn my water injection on. I first threw a new stock hpol and ipr in, as a lot of guys were saying stock pump should be able to hold icp on the injectors. I still had issues. This was runnng motorcraft 5/40 full synthetic. Motor s about 10-11k on it before switching to Jims oil.

This past saturday, we had a local drag event here, so i figured id go screw around and see what happened. I have since put my roof rack on the truck, so i figured my times would be about 1/2 a second slower. I made several 13.3-13.5 sec passes, which about falls in line with what i figured. Then i surprisd the chit outta myself, and ran a 13.28, hitting the brakes at 1000ft, as i didnt want to break out. Still ended up breaking out, as i had a 13.5 dial in, but i figure that pass ought to have been a 12.8 or so, as i coasted across the line at 94, which was about 7mph slower than my other mid 13 sec passes.

So far im sold on the oil. I made 8 passes in 5 hours, 4 within about 1 1/2hours, then he 2 rounds of racing, and another 2 about 5 minutes apart. Hot lapping like that would have made the truck fall on its face before. Im now fighting converter issues, but am hoping to dyno again here after the first, to see if i got my power back. Kinda hard to compare with roof rack vs without, as it just aint a weight change, its also airflow change.

Also, Jims customer service is awesome, although there is already a thread on that. He answered all my questions, didnt make me feel like an idiot, even when i had questions about filling out the oil sample form. He also took the time to help me understand the oil sample when i got the results. He is one of those guys that actually gives a chit about his work, and is very passionate about oil. I think we spoke about the differences in oil for about a half hour when i ordered the oil from him.

Sorry for the long post...

Jomax

Reaction score
You drank the koolaid lol. Glad it's working for you. I'm right at 10k with his oil. Just ordered more from him. Jim is a GREAT guy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cjfarm111

Reaction score
I priced them and it just does pencil to buy oil at that price. I'm better off running a 5-40 syn. and changing it every five thousand. No need to fool around with oil sample and all that. Just my opinion.

Jomax

Reaction score
I priced them and it just does pencil to buy oil at that price. I'm better off running a 5-40 syn. and changing it every five thousand. No need to fool around with oil sample and all that. Just my opinion.

Using a 10k OCI, it's cheaper then syn every 5k. Saves you time by loosing one oil change, less down time. Less head ache.

You only need to sample the first 5k and 10k OCI.

About to change mine at 10k. I put miles on fast and the 5k OCI was getting annoying.

Not to mention, it's a superior oil to practically all oils.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Using a 10k OCI, it's cheaper then syn every 5k. Saves you time by loosing one oil change, less down time. Less head ache.

You only need to sample the first 5k and 10k OCI.

About to change mine at 10k. I put miles on fast and the 5k OCI was getting annoying.

Not to mention, it's a superior oil to practically all oils.

All good points but that last one is my biggest reason for switching!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

cjfarm111

Reaction score
All smoke and mirrors in my opinion. I will continue to use the 5w-40 synthetic. Had great luck with it

Lipka101

Reaction score
I'm not going to say who, but I know for a fact someone is running 25k OCI on LE oil..

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
If the motor is leaking enough oil you can do that with any oil. Lol. Adding 6 quarts every 1k miles will keep it real fresh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
All smoke and mirrors in my opinion. I will continue to use the 5w-40 synthetic. Had great luck with it

To be honest with you, i thought the same thing. Switched from blended 15/40 motorcraft to the full synthetic 5/40, and the truck didnt run right. There were a bunch of other changes made, so i chalked it up to a weak hpop. Put a new hpop and ipr in, and it didnt do chit. Ran better with the icp unplugged, put one in, still ko change. Finally figured what the hell, and switched oils. So far so good....

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Sooo your saying this LE880 helped cure your low ice issues?

That is what it is looking like. Made 8 passes in 4 hours friday night, and the truck never fell on its face. Same tunes and everything, just different oil. Before switching oil, it was not fueling enough to build 18 psi of boost, and would drop out of my water turn on setting.

Obviously 1000 miles isnt the greatest test either, but first dragstrip passses i made on this build of the motor were on about 300 mi oil, and it fell on its face. And when i say fell on its face, im talking 17 sec 1/4 mi fell on its face...

Reaction score
Learn how to read the oil samples and try oils out. I did that when I worked at a Speedco location and I can tell ya I'll never change my oil at 3k miles again on my DD, and usually oil gets changed because it's dirty. Not because there is actually lubricity lost

Reaction score
Just talked to Jim today and ordered my oil. I definitely like the fact he called me to get a little background on the truck before recomending wich oil and selling me a product. Very nice to talk with and very informative. So far, excellent pre sell customer service, and it I don't doubt that his post sell service will be any different either.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
you can still get the 8854 which is 5w40.. dam close to the same cost as the oil you get at the parts stores.. what makes it cheaper, is the extended drain intervals.. now I know a 6.7 is a different beast but he flat out told me that I could do a 10k oci without even worrying about oil samples when tunning the 8854.. did recommend a filter change and a top off at 5k.. but he said even then that was just for the hell of it..

ill prolly put 8800 15w40 to the test with my dually since every other oil besides the chevron delo 15w40 I have ran drops icp way sooner in the oci..
Just talked to Jim today and ordered my oil. I definitely like the fact he called me to get a little background on the truck before recomending wich oil and selling me a product. Very nice to talk with and very informative. So far, excellent pre sell customer service, and it I don't doubt that his post sell service will be any different either.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
you definitely won't regret a dam thing!!! all the LE products I have bought from jim through my work have proven to be top notch.. the 3752 grease is unbelievable!!!

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Latest posts

Members online