Leaking ccv doghouse?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Hey guys! Im installing a new set of injectors in my 00. I removed the drivers side valve cover after inspecting the turbo and there is rust on the rocker arms and on the very top of the pushrods. Is this from the ccv doghouse not being sealed externally. In the picture you'll notice its just the three rear arms and rods that have surface rust on them. This thing sits alot nowadays. Anybody seen this before?

The truck is missing that piece of cable tray running across the cowl, under the hood. Is.that allowing storm water to drip onto the valvecover?

20140927_143450_zpsarqbufje.jpg

TyCorr

Reaction score
Does.anybody know the name or part number for that plastic "tray" that the wires lay in under the hood up against the cowl? Its got four or five tabs that hold it to the cowl and the wiring harnesses lay in it.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Billy, I wiped the majority of it off. It wasnt heavily deposited but not what you want to see. My truck sits alot as its not a daily driver anymore and honestly its worse to sit, on it, than it was driving it 30-40k per year.

Brakes and such do not benefit from being parked. Ive been tempted to go to.a.smaller injector and just drive it forgoing any performance type parts.

I had 175/80s and it was a.dog compared.to.what some.guys get hp wise but mine was tuned conservatively.

Sorry for rambling, im going to head out and slapping injectors in the bores. Edit:im putting 250/200s in again.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Yea, I would say condensation/moisture was entering through the CCV tube while it was sitting.

Good luck on the injectors and hopefully the orings will last. Aren't 250/200s bigger than 175/80s?

Billy T.
[email protected]

morepower02

Reaction score
Ty, it is caused by the vent leaking in a little moisture over time. I would not sweat it in the least.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ty, it is caused by the vent leaking in a little moisture over time. I would not sweat it in the least.

Ok. It was NOT there two months ago.

Billy- yes these are bigger! They've been laying on a shelf. Im.down to two.sets of injectors. Ad's and these.

If these crap, im doing smaller ones. If I could.tune.my own.crap Id stay with this exact size. Id kinda like to move this truck and get a rclb and throw some 300/300 in and try to.send the heads through the hood lol. Or a rclb 6l and some decent injectors and a powermax.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I have a 3' downdraft tube. I always intended to install catchcan. The way it is routed, it goes under the engine bay and disappears due to the heat in that area.

I was afraid the catchcan might be too restrictive?

zilla68

Reaction score
I just did the BD CCV set up on my obs, its designed for the newer 7.3's but after drilling a few holes and a few custom bends it worked great

Latest posts

Members online