Leaking Diesel fuel.....

Corys6.0

Reaction score
Its dark right now so I can't see where it's coming from so I am asking if you guys got any ideas where to start in the morning. Coming from the front of the motor it looks like....at least that's where it's dripping down. I smelled the fumes a few days at idle in the cab but just thought maybe it was a leaky pipe (up pipe maybe) no it's fuel. The truck is bonestock with 131k Miles it's a 2004 but the sticker on the engine says it's an 03 build? Any help I would appreciate guys.

Zmann

Reaction score
regulator housing is my guess
it is attached to the fuel filter housing

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Ok I'll start there in the morning....is that an easy or cheap fix?

Yes and yes. If this is your first one, itll probably take an hour or so. Youll need to remove the air box, cold side cac tube, push the upper hose out of the way and remove the housing. Youll need 8mm socket, 11mm deep socket, t27 torx bit, a 21mm wrench, and a 7/8 or 22 wrench. Also a small screwdriver or pick, and some extensions, about 4-6in long. The base part number will be 9t517, and should cost around 100 bucks or so. It will come with the blue spring to bump the fuel pressure some.

Corys6.0

Reaction score
Yes and yes. If this is your first one, itll probably take an hour or so. Youll need to remove the air box, cold side cac tube, push the upper hose out of the way and remove the housing. Youll need 8mm socket, 11mm deep socket, t27 torx bit, a 21mm wrench, and a 7/8 or 22 wrench. Also a small screwdriver or pick, and some extensions, about 4-6in long. The base part number will be 9t517, and should cost around 100 bucks or so. It will come with the blue spring to bump the fuel pressure some.

Ok good deal. Would you mind posting a link to exzactly what I would need if in fact that's the issue? Blue spring is definitely an update I wanted to get done ASAP anyways so this would work out great.

Latest posts

Members online