Leaking fuel pump question.

RBernardi

Reaction score
Alright so my fuel supply pump is leaking from the weep hole. I can't afford to replace it at this time even though it's only $92. My question is, would I load the engine with too much raw fuel if I put a screw with an o-ring in the weep hole to get me by? I hate to think about ###### rigging my obs, but it's just to get me by a week or so.
P.s. It leaks probably leaks as much fuel as it burns.

zilla68

Reaction score
I can't help you with that issue, but look for the discount code thread arisley started, I got mine from advance auto parts, for less than that, and it was a bosch pump in the box that said airtex on the outside.
I am no pro, but I don't think I'd try it, with the seal out, if it gets the fuel behind the seal with no where to go it might lock it in position, at least that is what happens with my sandrail when the clutch slave went out.

maybe someone has a used one for the ride to get you by. also don't forget to order the 2 crush washers (dieselorings.com has them), that go on the back large nut.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
I wouldnt try anything like that. Mine leaked the same way and really the best/smartest thing you can do is replace it. I wouldnt risk messing up anything worse by doing that, although ive never heard that to be done and who knows if it would work or not. Mine leaked for prolly the better part of 3 weeks before I could et it replaced, and I was driving it everyday. But when you say it leaks as much as it burns.....mine didnt leak that much...not even enough to drip and make way to the ground. Just wreaked of fuel and filled up the valley.

RBernardi

Reaction score
No I mean it leaks! 1 drop to the ground every 2-3 seconds. I have done this to some offshore equipment that we didn't have parts for out there, and it worked. Idk I'll just park it until I can fix it. Shouldn't be long

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
No I mean it leaks! 1 drop to the ground every 2-3 seconds. I have done this to some offshore equipment that we didn't have parts for out there, and it worked. Idk I'll just park it until I can fix it. Shouldn't be long

wow thats a bad leak. sure its ONLY coming from the weep hole?

pjwoolw

Reaction score
On top of the pump you'll need new banjo gaskets, hoses and clamps, o ring kit for the bowl. Dieselorings.com has what you will need. Not allot of money involved in those parts. I have a new lift pump I'm never going to use. PM me if your interested.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
on a side note I replaced the fuel lines under the fuel bowl when I put in my new pump. they were cracked and leaky as well.

Latest posts

Members online