leaking tranny fluid - not from trq conv,pan or cooler lines

n54power

Reaction score
Out of nowhere my trans started leaking. It's not come from the torque converter. After I've been driving for longer than 45 min it will start to leak. Fluid gets everywhere and I can't pinpoint when I get home I'll clean the entire mess and after that I don't get a drop of fluid.

It started friday. I was checking fluid levels and simply pushed the dipstick on firmly to make it seat in the tube. I'm wondering if I messed up the oring in tube? I've been told it can leak but I'm not finding any parts for the upper oring and lower oring were it goes into the tranny.
Also the solenoid pack oring can leak,but no oring is listed for that either and replacing a perfectly functioning pack for a oring is stupid.

Since I have to pull the mag-hytec pan to fix 2 stripped bolts. And probably the oring for the pan itself will get replaced.

So if anyone has some insight or parts numbers that would be great

n54power

Reaction score
update

I cleaned it up today. I wrapped a blue shop towel around the dipstick tube to see if it leaks from there. I took 9t for a drive and it started leaking but not fro. The tube. It appears to be coming from the solenoid pack plug.i pull the harness off and found fluid inside. Not alot but some.

Given what I've read it looks like the pack is shot. Kinda makes me wonder if this is what was causing my truck to shift out of 3rd early regardless of throttle input.

So what brands are good,who should I stay away from and is there a performance option for people with built tranny?

n54power

Reaction score
Pictures

Attachments

• 20150511_160813.jpg
    20150511_160813.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
  • 20150511_160537.jpg
    20150511_160537.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 38

trackspeeder

Reaction score
I cleaned it up today. I wrapped a blue shop towel around the dipstick tube to see if it leaks from there. I took 9t for a drive and it started leaking but not fro. The tube. It appears to be coming from the solenoid pack plug.i pull the harness off and found fluid inside. Not alot but some.

Given what I've read it looks like the pack is shot. Kinda makes me wonder if this is what was causing my truck to shift out of 3rd early regardless of throttle input.

So what brands are good,who should I stay away from and is there a performance option for people with built tranny?

Get this part from your favorite Ford dealer. Stay away from the cheap reman units.

n54power

Reaction score
Sealed it up today. Solenoid pack was shot. New pack,gasket and hardware.
So far so good.
I'll have some measurements on the solenoid pack oring and tube gasket

Latest posts

Members online