Leaking Windshield

PatriotHauling

Reaction score
I know this has been an issue with water screwing with the ECM, but my leak is right at the middle/top where it meets the headliner.

Will a new windshield solve this? Has anyone had this issue before?

Daniel@RudysDiesel

Reaction score
Have a local glass guy just take your windshield out and take off old glue. Put new glue on with same window or see if he can just add a little glue to where it is leaking

old96stroker

Reaction score
Dmay, you still have to replace the seal, it gets cut when you pull out the windshield, 80 bucks to pull and clean and reseal and then about 55 bucks to replace the seal. I decided to just get a new one, at 190k miles it was pretty scratched, hazed and had a couple small chips. Just my .02 cents though.

PatriotHauling

Reaction score
Well my insurance company will replace my windshield for $100, and I assume new glue is included with a new windshield lol. So thats good news, if all it needs is a windshield. I heard some horror stories about guys with rust issues and what not, which I dont have.

Cota

Reaction score
Tell the guy that changes the windshield about your leaking issues and ask him to use a little extra glue. Did this on the second windshield and it finally fixed my leak.

PatriotHauling

Reaction score
My insurance is sending a guy to my house tomorrow to fix it. I'll tell him to bring extra glue haha

They also said it includes a lifetime warranty. So thats cool.

PatriotHauling

Reaction score
Well apparently I am not the first one to have the windshield replaced. And who ever did it last time did a terrible job. Ib can't call my truck rust free anymore I guess.

The glass guy was cool though and removed all the rust with a grinder. He said another year or two and he wouldn't have been able to install a new windshield

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Latest posts

Members online