LED Bumper lights

german154

Reaction score
OK here's my problem, I have an 06 and bought an 08 style rear bumper. The bumper i bought had parking sensor holes in it and my truck does not have parking sensors. So i decided to weld the outer holes shut and leave the inner holes since the plastic has holes in it as well. I was going to use some type of flush mount led in the inner holes to tie into my reverse lights, since i have tinted tail lights. The problem is i can't find anything that will mount cleanly and won't look out of place, anybody have any suggestions or could point me in the right direction? ( I know I could just buy a cap with no holes in it but want to do something different, just didn't think finding lights would be this difficult) The holes are 1 1/4" in diameter. Any help much appreciatted

Brody_nr

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1398214388416.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

german154

Reaction score
The first ones I'm interested in assuming they will completely cover up a 1 1/4" hole...I need lights to go in the inner parking sensor hole not the license plate lights

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

smcox1

Reaction score
Those first ones probably aren't bright enough. I would use the flush mounts like the second picture and cut the parking sensor holes bigger and mount them there.

german154

Reaction score
Any idea the dimensions on the cover plate for them? I know I'm being a pain...just trying to find something that won't overlap past the plastic

german154

Reaction score
Those are still too wide but thanks for the input I think I've decided to just get a bumper cap that doesn't have the holes in it...that plastic piece is so thin between the metal bumper and where it.turns in towards the license plate the only thing I can figure that will fit is something round...and all the lights I've found have been to small of a diameter

Spoolin'

Reaction score
vetyny8u.jpg

Only have 3 inches of plastic :mad:

I think you'll have to get a different bumper I have yet to see one that would fit in that space. Those ones in the license plate are pretty cool. Mine are in the normal spot. Pics on one of my threads.

german154

Reaction score
I think you'll have to get a different bumper I have yet to see one that would fit in that space. Those ones in the license plate are pretty cool. Mine are in the normal spot. Pics on one of my threads.

Yea I think that's the route I'm gonna have to take but I do like the license plate lights and may invest in a set eventually

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
I got some that use 3 LEDs for my truck bed. Using 2 on each side works great. Good luck. I hope they are bright enough for you.

Latest posts

Members online