Lens tinting + LED's..... DIY

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I will probably send my headlights off to be paint matched more than likely, just wnat to do the mirror lenses and taillights at this point, and i want a very light tint

TripleE44

Reaction score
I used the night shades on my truck with the clear from automotivetouchup.com. No sanding or even adhesion promoter. Just cleaned with alcohol and sprayed em. They look great to me.

MINK

Reaction score
I wont touch nightshades - junk IMO. I used a clear/base cocktail on all my lights exept I did buy the recon mirror lens as they are led and look far better than tinted orange IMO.

Here's some pics of some I've done

Attachments

• lights 001.jpg
    lights 001.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 416
  • lights 002.jpg
    lights 002.jpg
    686.4 KB · Views: 438
  • lights 003.jpg
    lights 003.jpg
    906.5 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
I got pulled over 3 times in one week for it when I did mine. The vht also turnd my mirror lights red after the tint and the troper really didnt like that.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I used Rustoleum Lens Tint on my tail lights, and third brake light, I think they turned out alright. But like Derrick was saying about the night shade, whenever I put clear on it turned out milky and not as smooth as I liked. So I stripped them and used only the lens tint.

DSCN0235.jpg

Jmoore1225

Reaction score
Yep me too, can just came in the mail Tuesday!!! Any 1 have pics of the night shaded mirror lights?

MINK

Reaction score
I never go dark on light colored trucks - id roll with that but hard to tell with no lighting in the picture.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Well I put another coat on it, kinda regreting it now, before it had a light smoke now they are pretty dark. Oh well.. I could always redo it. I'm going to sparay them with clear in 30 min then a 1500 grit wet sand then some polishing compound then a coat of wax so let's see what happens

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Alright will do... I figure if I don't like em, ill just grab a set of 08 tails. This is my practice run lol

Latest posts

Members online