Less than 1k miles with IDP tunes, tranny is done!

swinky

Reaction score
No twisteds top trans is less than 5k. You can always add stuff though.

At the end of the day you won't go wrong with either.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations. I might reach out to Rudy's, have to do some research on Midwest, haven't heard of him yet. Also reaching out to twisted as I've read nothing but good about them.

I will be staying away from Brians Truck Shop however after reading this thread. The truck can't just sit, I have to move it every 72 hours >.< How does this work, does 7k get you a new tranny and you send yours back as a core charge? Or do you send them your tranny? If I have to send them my tranny I have to figure out parking for this rig, Southern California are a bunch of tight wads about parking. I literally dance this truck from parking spot to parking spot every 72 hours or they mark my truck for tow.

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54101&page=2

I told ya hit me up if you want a rudys trans ill get you a deal on it.

Built4tq

Reaction score
Most all of the time unless its sold and haven't built another. We keep a competition 5r110 on the shelf.

We are not the cheapest. But we do not cut corners nor will be sandbag the warranty. There are lot of other good transmission builders out there as well. We are just another option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This^^ speaks volume.

Great man, much respect.

Reaction score
IDC who builds the trans . If it shifts to hard it will bend twist and fight to keep shafts in place .

If its slow and sluggish on the burn time and your a stop and go leadfoot . then it will be replacing packs in it .

And last but not least if you get ahead of the 3-5 your gonna be walking in a few hundred miles.

There are plenty of us out there that can handle the task of building a transmissions . but it doesn't means a tinkers F%@$ if the tuner "thinks he understands this " ..... The tuner and builder work together to make the package live!

Don't just go with a class favorite and don't go with what is cheaper here u get what u pay for . go with who understands the ups and downs of the 5r. Understanding why they fail is better then being able to read or use a feeler gauge . jm02

swinky

Reaction score
IDC who builds the trans . If it shifts to hard it will bend twist and fight to keep shafts in place .

If its slow and sluggish on the burn time and your a stop and go leadfoot . then it will be replacing packs in it .

And last but not least if you get ahead of the 3-5 your gonna be walking in a few hundred miles.

There are plenty of us out there that can handle the task of building a transmissions . but it doesn't means a tinkers F%@$ if the tuner "thinks he understands this " ..... The tuner and builder work together to make the package live!

Don't just go with a class favorite and don't go with what is cheaper here u get what u pay for . go with who understands the ups and downs of the 5r. Understanding why they fail is better then being able to read or use a feeler gauge . jm02
Yuhpp. Night and day difference. I started running the tunes that the trans builder recommends and this thing is spot on now. Damn near shifts like one of those dual clutch autos.

Reaction score

Yes, in order to gain the warranty on our trans you must run approved tuning. Otherwise the warranty would be a dumb idea for us to offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rubenk

Reaction score
Just want to say BTS has treated me good, but if you aren't local then go with someone else.

Reaction score
Yes, in order to gain the warranty on our trans you must run approved tuning. Otherwise the warranty would be a dumb idea for us to offer.

We do the same. And I would say we have a lot of time behind ANY transmission and its all the tunnig game .

sootie

Reaction score
my vote is a trans from Morgan @ Midwest and Gearhead tunes.

getstuk

Reaction score
I think that is going to be my choice Sootie, waiting to see the prices first. Still waiting to hear from Twisted as well...in fact going to send another message to them...

swinky

Reaction score
I think that is going to be my choice Sootie, waiting to see the prices first. Still waiting to hear from Twisted as well...in fact going to send another message to them...
Call the shop tomorrow. Daryl will probably be sitting by the phone.

Latest posts

Members online