Lets see your powder coated engine parts!!!

UNLIMITED_DIESEL

Reaction score
Lets see your powder coated engine parts!!!

Trying to get ideas for my wife's engine build. Thinking silver vein powder coat on block and heads, then a purple translucent on intake, compressor covers, oil cooler cover, valve covers, etc.

Thought? Suggestions?

black6.4

Reaction score
Silver vein is nice but you wont be able to see it after everythings in place...you cant hardly see me valvecovers under all the garbage...silver vein also looks good covered in a translucent color.also if you do your intake it will have a rough texture due to the casting if you spray it while hot it will look better

Attachments

• 0809131314.jpg
    0809131314.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 208
  • 0809131314a.jpg
    0809131314a.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 171
  • 0809131412.jpg
    0809131412.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 155

UNLIMITED_DIESEL

Reaction score
Thanks! I have a friend who is doing the powder coating. I know we won't see a lot of it, but I'll feel better that its coated and not just painted.

Spatel23

Reaction score
I once owned a nice 6.4, she pulled off motor shots quite well......
kinda dirty in this picture, but you get the idea

Attachments

• photo motor.JPG
    photo motor.JPG
    412.5 KB · Views: 152

thuglike

Reaction score
how do you like that BOV?

It took some time to get use to it. I had to figure out how to drive the truck so it would not activate all the time. Like in traffic, getting in and out of the throttle.....you need to finesse the throttle if you do not want it to blow off.
Once you get that down...it does it's job. I like it.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
It took some time to get use to it. I had to figure out how to drive the truck so it would not activate all the time. Like in traffic, getting in and out of the throttle.....you need to finesse the throttle if you do not want it to blow off.
Once you get that down...it does it's job. I like it.

If it blows off that easily, you have it set too sensitive. Makes it more dangerous than helpful. Having boost blow off when you need to move isn't good.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.