Lets talk about the H&S street tuner

BlueOx

Reaction score
Ok fellas well I'm looking to tune my truck and have a possible deal working for a brand new H&S street tuner. Now I know everybody is going crazy over the Race tuner but I'm not going to spend that much on a tuner right now and I'm still kinda weary about deleting since I barely have 2K on my new truck. Has anybody had any experience with the new street tuners? Can y'all give me any first hand insight on these new tuners before I pick it up? Thanks in advance fellas

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I ran dpf on tunes for a little while and did not care for them personally, mainly because I short trip the truck a lot and had to take it on a drive just to clean things out. Also it would never fail if I took a 200 mile trip that my truck would go into regen 1/2 a mile from home. They do have more power and shift better than stock, but not as much power race tunes.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
its the same tuner as the race tuner. They just now have to call them street tuners because they have all the DPF off ( off Road ) tuning blocked on them.

so people who have a old tuner that was off road capable that chose to run dpf on tuning will have the same tuning as what the new "street" tuner does

DPF on tuning is pretty dang good, it will make your truck regen more obviously since your adding power and burning more fuel. Should add some fuel milage to your truck as well.

if you more info and i missed anything PM me and let me know

also before you buy one PM maybe i can get you a better deal

Fyrman25

Reaction score
Doesn't the truck going into regen more often, shorten the life expectancy of the DPF though? If it does shorten it, does any one know by how much?

I believe ford recommends replacing the DPF around 150k miles.

BlueOx

Reaction score
Anybody got any hands on experience? I'm wanting first hand reviews from someone who has personally ran them on their own truck if possible.

Mpoage

Reaction score
Anybody got any hands on experience? I'm wanting first hand reviews from someone who has personally ran them on their own truck if possible.

I ran the dpf on tunes on mine for about 500 miles before I did the exhaust. It was a lot better than my Innovative dpf on tunes that I ran for about 40k miles. I really enjoyed the transmission shifting and it definitely made more power than the other tunes.

BlueOx

Reaction score
I ran the dpf on tunes on mine for about 500 miles before I did the exhaust. It was a lot better than my Innovative dpf on tunes that I ran for about 40k miles. I really enjoyed the transmission shifting and it definitely made more power than the other tunes.

Did you have any negative effects with running the DPF on tunes?

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
my dad ran his for about 30k on KEM green card tuned and and H&S dpf on. ran really well, and picked up some mpg.... for a while. then it drastically dropped and started regening more. still the same power.

I assume the dpf was clogged. not really sure, nor worried. got a 5" flopro to solve that issue. LOL

Sent looking at my blown up 6.4

Mpoage

Reaction score
Did you have any negative effects with running the DPF on tunes?

I had ran the innovative tuned for about 40k miles before that and I could tell that it was regening more often than it had used to before I even put the mini maxx on it. My truck also seemed sluggish compared to others on stock right before I put the H&S on it like the dpf was clogging up. But I haven't had any problems since I put it on my truck. Before or after the exhaust.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
that was my biggest concern when i did mine was clogging the DPF, figured the only way around that issue was full delete. i went the full delete option.

power wise im sure the dpf on tunes are plenty, but you take a risk of clogging the DPF and the dealer telling you that your SOL. And i dont know what a DPF cost nor do i wanna find out.

BlueOx

Reaction score
that was my biggest concern when i did mine was clogging the DPF, figured the only way around that issue was full delete. i went the full delete option.

power wise im sure the dpf on tunes are plenty, but you take a risk of clogging the DPF and the dealer telling you that your SOL. And i dont know what a DPF cost nor do i wanna find out.

That's understandable. Now the big question for you guys. Do y'all think there will ever be a work around for the street tuners to do DPF deletes? The Craigslist guy I posted about swears he's able to use the MCC tuning to make them work. What do you guys think?

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
That's understandable. Now the big question for you guys. Do y'all think there will ever be a work around for the street tuners to do DPF deletes? The Craigslist guy I posted about swears he's able to use the MCC tuning to make them work. What do you guys think?

Eventually I think there will be a way to get a street tuner to give you DPF off tuning. Will it be with MCC? Don't know. When? Don't know that either. But I think it will come in time. But right now we have to play by the rules, so unless you get an unlock code from H&S your stuck with DPF on tuning only.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
And in all honesty we shouldn't talk about this on open forums. Im positive the epa has people watching internet forums to get the latest info.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I bet there will eventually be a way around them but it may not be easy or cheap.

It's all about wheel speed and torque.
KCCO

BlueOx

Reaction score
And in all honesty we shouldn't talk about this on open forums. Im positive the epa has people watching internet forums to get the latest info.

I understand your reasoning behind this statement but how are we suppose to find out more about this if and when something new becomes available?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Because if it's available then it will just get **** down again... And eventually all loop holes would be closed

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.