lets talk brakes

Merc82

Reaction score
When I upgraded my brakes last year I did all stock pads and rotors, looked at the slotted stuff, but figured the stock stuff lasted this long, I may as well keep using it. I did use Napa Eclipse calipers all around and upgrade the lines to Crown brake lines and flushed the hydroboost out, no problems since, stops great.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Drive the truck often or does it sit a lot? My old mans truck used to sit a lot and almost every time he drove it he had a caliper freeze up. I had to just replace my first caliper and I was impressed that the parts house had ford calipers to sell. I haven't touched them since I bought it two years ago for the record. And idk how long before that the calipers were changed. Changed the rotors and pads in November and just had to change the pads and a rotor again. Felt like I threw away brand new parts. Kinda sucked.

Last edited:

Superblazin

Reaction score
I just did the rear a couple of weeks ago, fronts were on back order and I should get them mid April..
My rears still had lots of life left. But I was ruling out a possible warped rotor.
I notice better stopping force from the change and will let you know once the fronts are done.

borsky

Reaction score
I installed a set of powerstop on my truck. they defiantly bite a lot harder. its a nice upgrade with bigger tires. I really haven't got them hot yet but when I did get on them they were there!

powerlifter405

Reaction score
On my 08 I used hawk sd pads w/ a set of frozen slotted rotors. It was a signficant improvement over stock. I had ebc pads on my 02 and I was unimpressed, especially for the money spent.

Bronc937

Reaction score
I bought an entire brake package for my '06 CCLB from brakeperformance.com. The rotors are dimpled and slotted with semi-metallic pads. I only have a couple thousand miles but have no complaints whatsoever. The customer service when I ordered it was awesome and the best was it was all made in the USA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk