Level or lift for about the same price?? Which would you do?

crat996

Reaction score
I have a 2014 F250 Platinum and I can't decide between a 2.5" level kit or 4" lift. I am looking at either the Icon 2.5" stage 1 or a 4" Fabtech kit with the dirt logic shocks. They are about the same price. I want to put 35s on the truck at the same time with my stock wheels. Both kits say minor trimming is required but where is that and how much? I would rather not cut anything from my truck if I don't have to.

The Icon kit doesn't have the track bar in it. How bad is it off if I don't get one right away? I am all about you get what you pay for so which would you choose?

Thanks

Randy_270

Reaction score
If you're sticking with 35's, go with the 2.5" Icon. I can't say how much your axle will be out without a new track bar but it shouldn't be out that much for a 2.5" lift. I'm running stock 18" wheels with 325/65r18s, I had to tie wrap my drivers side mud flap back a little and it rubs the radius arm but other then that there was no rubbing when I was at stock height.

Reaction score
Icon for sure. It will ride better, and if your only wanting 35s on stock wheels then thats all you need.

Let me know if I can help get you the complete kit.

crat996

Reaction score
Icon pricing

Josh,
Ignore the PM from yesterday.

I spoke with icon today to get a better idea of what I should get. I'm kind of in between on which stage would work best for me. I tow a 28' camper and go off-roading quite a bit. The icon guy seems to think the stage 3 would be best but it is pretty pricey. I definitely want the track bar and the 4" block for the back. Can you get me the prices for stage 1, 2 and 3 with the blocks and the track bar?

Thanks again,
Craig

Reaction score
Josh,
Ignore the PM from yesterday.

I spoke with icon today to get a better idea of what I should get. I'm kind of in between on which stage would work best for me. I tow a 28' camper and go off-roading quite a bit. The icon guy seems to think the stage 3 would be best but it is pretty pricey. I definitely want the track bar and the 4" block for the back. Can you get me the prices for stage 1, 2 and 3 with the blocks and the track bar?

Thanks again,
Craig

Craig, I think I can put a better kit together for you for less money. The Icon kits are great but I really prefer to use Fox shocks with their kits. Ill PM you.

karlosrig

Reaction score
I agree on getting Fox shocks for improved ride quality. They are good shocks just like the Bilstein's.

Latest posts

Members online