Leveling a 2wd 1997 F250

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I'm wanting to level the front of my 97' F250. It's a 2wd ecsb model. My issue is finding a kit for this truck. Being its a coil spring front end, I know it can be leveled using spring spacers. I'm just having trouble find a set of spacers. Diesel Power Magazine leveled the front end of their Project 300 using a Daystar kit, but they don't give a part number. I assume its this kit.

http://www.daystarweb.com/productdetail.php?productID=141

This is for the 99+ 2wd trucks, but its all I can find that's close. Anybody know anything about this? Would the stud extentions have the same thread? I've tried to do my homework on this, but honestly there isn't much out there.

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

Bair

Reaction score
Not very helpful if your set on lifting the front but I would rather see you drop the rear. Fits the 2wd thing better than lifting the front IMO.

96 CCLB
08 RCLB 2wd 6sp
08 ECLB 2wd for sale

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Not very helpful if your set on lifting the front but I would rather see you drop the rear. Fits the 2wd thing better than lifting the front IMO.

96 CCLB
08 RCLB 2wd 6sp
08 ECLB 2wd for sale

I understand what you're saying, but I'm more interested in bringing the front up just enough to clear 285/75 R16's without rubbing. Not looking to go huge. I have a 2006 4x4 and this one is just gonna be a run around town and back up (in case someone needs a spare) truck.

Sent while driving, drinking coffee and threatening to kill people in traffic.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I saw a 2wd CCLB at TSC today that looked perfect and had the 285's, but I had my oldest son ( 3.5yrs) with me and was in a hurry to get home to help my wife with our youngest son (1.5). He got started showing signs of a cold yesterday and around 10pm started throwing up and had an uncontrollable fever. Came out of nowhere. He had just been snotty and congested but acted happy as a clam. We ended up in the ER because the fever kept rising even with the maximum allowable dosage of Tylenol for his weight. He has pneumonia. So, I didn't have the opportunity to wait on the owner to come out and ask about his setup.

Paul@CP_Trucks

Reaction score
http://shop.cptrucks.com/product_p/2wd-level-kit.htm

2wd-Level-Kit-2T.jpg

Diesel23

Reaction score
Mwilber been looking into the same thing , one member mentioned e450 or e550 springs , I looked into front springs and found f250 for HD springs that will raise the front 1.5" and are reasonable I can find the site if your interested

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Mwilber been looking into the same thing , one member mentioned e450 or e550 springs , I looked into front springs and found f250 for HD springs that will raise the front 1.5" and are reasonable I can find the site if your interested

Sure

JCart

Reaction score
They will fit, I have same version of truck and mounted 285/75R 16 Cooper Discovery M&S (full winter studded ice radial) on all four corners using the stock Alcoa rims. I trimmed (with hackzall) the lower bumper "hook" and works fine so far. I do notice full lock left tire just touches trailing arm. In time mine is gonna get a D60 to level it up a bunch.

jrc

Diesel23

Reaction score
That's awesome. You said you got 1.5" of lift out of them?

I read some where about that but couldnt find it again , they also have extra heavy duty , I was going to try and get a hold of the place and see if I could get some info from a tech guy ? and verify height difference from stock

'94IDITurbo7.3

Reaction score
will there be any issues with getting camber set right since you aren't actually dropping the entire beam? i ask because i have read a bunch of threads on this topic and while the truck looked great leveled out, guys were having issue with getting camber anywhere close to in spec. I think i read where installed adjustable ball joints, but even then couldn't get camber dialed in just right. They ended up having to either bend the beams or fabricate some kind of drop bracket for where the beam mounts to the cross member.

Latest posts

Members online