Lie-o-meter or not...

Eddie320

Reaction score
I ran down to Portland and back from Seattle. First long highway run since I deleted it. 70mph I good chunk of the way. I was lucky in the past for it to read above 15mpg. Pay no attention to my tpms... :rolleyes:

uploadfromtaptalk1424238515932.jpg

'09 6.4 F350 CCLB deleted straight
Pacific Northwest

ckrueg

Reaction score
My lie o meter is consistently off by 20 percent. So when I get 18 mpg hand Calc The lie o meter reads 18×1.2 or 21.6. I've been able to get 21 before on a long road trip though.

Eddie320

Reaction score
Miles driven/gallons used.

Its obviously off, but the above equation will tell you by how much.
I know. My point is, it used read accurate. And now this. How does it measure?
My lie o meter is consistently off by 20 percent. So when I get 18 mpg hand Calc The lie o meter reads 18×1.2 or 21.6. I've been able to get 21 before on a long road trip though.
I will keep checking it by hand and see off I am consistently off by the same percentage. Again, how the hell does it measure? Lol

Pacific Northwest

ckrueg

Reaction score
I have no idea, you'd think it would just calculate the flow by pulse width and rail pressure and that would be pretty accurate, but I've heard they use maf, boost and all sorts of other sensors.

John bolt

Reaction score
I take the numbers at every fill and put them in my spread sheet and it's pretty close on flat haul, driving like granny clampet empty over a distance.

Eddie320

Reaction score
I am going to start doing that. I would really like to find a consistency. I never really trusted the meter anyway. But it was darn close to right on, before I tuned and deleted

Pacific Northwest

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
I have no idea, you'd think it would just calculate the flow by pulse width and rail pressure and that would be pretty accurate, but I've heard they use maf, boost and all sorts of other sensors.
Pulse width is how it's calculated.

But it was darn close to right on, before I tuned and deleted
Tuners modify the software to trick the PCM into thinking the injectors have less flow than they really do. This makes the PCM open the injectors for a longer pulsewidth, so you get more fuel. The equation that the trip computer uses now also thinks you have smaller injectors, so it's fuel used calculation is off by however much the tuner modified it.

Lipka101

Reaction score
I read a thread in the past about this and if I remember correctly it ended up being a fuel rail pressure sensor on its way out.

Eddie320

Reaction score
Pulse width is how it's calculated.

Tuners modify the software to trick the PCM into thinking the injectors have less flow than they really do. This makes the PCM open the injectors for a longer pulsewidth, so you get more fuel. The equation that the trip computer uses now also thinks you have smaller injectors, so it's fuel used calculation is off by however much the tuner modified it.
Thanks!! Good info.

Pacific Northwest

Latest posts

Members online