Lift kit and towing

Reaction score
I'm looking to lift my truck a little bit, more than a leveling kit. But at the same time I tow a lot with a gooseneck and was wondering if lifting it would effect the durability of the lift. Also was wondering if the height difference would effect the gooseneck hitting the tailgate on uneven ground. Any thoughts or suggestions? If it would work what kind of lift?

Layson

Reaction score
Helped a friend put an Icon 4.5" on his 08 suspension, with OUO traction bars, and running 35's. Tows a gooseneck all the time. I think any more than that you may have some issues.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Have a couple customers running carli's locally. Both run goose necks and both run sled decks with snowmobiles, utv's, atv's on it. Both have bags and traction bars. Hauls very nice and the ride is awesome. The one has been running his for about 4 years now in his 06 6.0 and haven't heard any issues.

Icon would be another good choice.

B.Warning

Reaction score
I ran a 4.5" icon kit with a 8" OUO traction block setup with 36x15.50 on a 20x12 and towed heavier than most on a regular basis with no issues. In extreme situations I would get close to the tailgate and bedside but never connected with it.

That truck sat higher than my wife's 07 with a 6" procomp lift and 35's by several inches.

97f350stroker

Reaction score
I'm about 7 inches with icons and pmf traction bars so I'm probably up to high. I planned on doing air bags no matter what trailer I end up going with

B585Ford

Reaction score
I do some hotshotting. Got a 2.5" level kit in the front and 4 or 5" (I can't remember now if it was 4 or 5") PMF Traction block (IIRC my F350 came with 3 5/8" from the factory) on my Tbars in the rear. I have run 325/60R20 (which is pushing 36x13.50) and 305/70R18s (35x12.50). My truck is a SRW but I grossed over 30k lbs quite a bit. I was legal up to 33,500 and ran several loads very close to that and a few over that on midnight runs. I never had an issue with the suspension and drive train, but it did put my trailer at a little bit of angle (the coupler was adjusted as high as it could go). Once I got a load on it, it still sat a bit of angle so I definitely wouldn't want to have it any higher due to trailer angle. Here's a few pics (the first load was over my legal limit and that aint me in the pic).

photo (26).jpg

Belarius.jpg

photo (35).JPG