Lift questions

sole

Reaction score
Hey guys looking to lift my new truck about 6" and while I was doing my research I've noticed some lift kits say for 250's only but I have a 350 srw. Is there any difference lift wise? And also what's the best 6" lift I don't want a rough ass ride, I'd like to maintain as much as the factory ride as possible. Money isn't much of an issue, I'm not going to skimp on this truck like I did my last. Also, what would my milage look like? If I baby it now I can get around 17, as long as It stays about say, 14 I'll be okay with that.

2013 f-350 srw ccsb platinum

Spatel23

Reaction score
Icon and OUO....best combo money can buy. It will ride better than stock.

Icon doenst make a 6inch per say. They have a 7 inch or you can get the 4.5 inch and add the 1 inch spacer for a total of 5.5.
OUO ala's and traction blocks
Spring for the high end Icon shocks......they are worth it.

I cant comment on mileage bc I honestly dont keep track.

c.jank

Reaction score
PMF suspension operates the same way just a little less coin.. 4.5" + 1" BMC spacer. 3 link or 4 link, Traction blocks, icon or fox shocks . etc.. his alpha kit is top notch. i had the 3.5" (2.5" +1") before i decided to drop. His lead time is super fast, and his customer service is faster. I cannot speak on OUO or Icons but i assume theyre great or they wouldnt be who they are

Dont skimp out on a 1400 dollar lift for a 50,000 dollar truck. just doesnt make sense to me

Layson

Reaction score
Icon with OUO ALA arms and OUO Traction bars. Get the nicer Icon shocks...

SAK

Reaction score
What size tire do you want to run? What size wheel do you want? These are very important questions that need to be answered to determine what size lift you want to run and be able to clear the tires. But Icon/OUO is the way to go.

Let me know what you want to ruin and I can hey a price put together for you.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Shiat, If money isn't an issue go with the Carli Dominator. Throw on some 17-18" wheels with 37's.

After install is complete, call the Air Force have them Parachute you and your truck into Afgahnistan. ****in War would be over. :biggun:

But seriously, this is a nice kit.

http://www.carlisuspension.com/ford-super-duty/suspension/ford_dominator.html

17's or 18's psh. 20's or 22's with 37's will clear with 4.5" of lift you can go up to 5.5 if you want just a little more clearance.

Icon, and carli both make great products. Then cap them off with either OUO or PMF traction blocks and 3 links.

sole

Reaction score
Id like to run 37's and 20s or 22 air forces not sure which ones yet though

sole

Reaction score
17's or 18's psh. 20's or 22's with 37's will clear with 4.5" of lift you can go up to 5.5 if you want just a little more clearance.

Icon, and carli both make great products. Then cap them off with either OUO or PMF traction blocks and 3 links.

When you say clear will it have enough space for the wheel to flex any? I dont want to stuff some big ass tires in there and rub when the suspention flexes. I do enough of that on my ranger

WHY NOT

Reaction score
5.5 will give you plenty of clearance 6.0L Stroker on here runs 37's on a 20x10 with a 4.5" lift I think his will rub every once in a while at full lock, but if you do the 1" spacer to make it 5.5" of lift you you will be good to go. Wheel width and back spacing also play a large part in how much lift you will need. If you want to go with 12 wide wheels you will need more lift.

Here is his truck
uzadu5em.jpg

8yrahena.jpg

Last edited:

sole

Reaction score
Also I went trough and priced out an icon lift and it came out to $3700 with all the extras I selected, ill probably end up going this route but from whatt yall are sayjng I wont need 7" of lift to get the look im trying to achive. So, ill probably go with their 5.5 lift

sole

Reaction score

RedRice589

Reaction score
ARE YOU GOING WITH A 20" OR A 22" WHEEL?

A 20" wheel with 35" tires on 5.5" of lift I don't think will require trimming. With 37" most likely.

Wheel size is irrelevant. It's wheel width and offset. Combined with tire size. IMO

6.0 strikers wheels work because they're 20x10's with a lesser offset.

NevaEnough

Reaction score
Wheel size is irrelevant. It's wheel width and offset. Combined with tire size. IMO

6.0 strikers wheels work because they're 20x10's with a lesser offset.

Good to know.
Would either of these sizes require trimming with the above mentioned tire size.

20x9 18 offset and 5.5 backspacing
20x10 -12 OS and 5 BS
22x10 -24 OS and 4.71 BS

I'm running 37x13.5x17 with 0 OS 5 BS on a 4.5" lift and had to trim the bumper bracket. I'm not an expert by any means but I think the size of the wheel would matter when it comes to rubbing the bumper or radius arms.

No?

Latest posts

Members online