Lifted 6.7's

sootie

Reaction score
Just put a ready lift stage4 3.5"f&3"r was under the impression no alignment was required due to the straight axle,well not so much as the steering wheel was almost upside down,so i took it in for an alignment & dude says he did the best he could but it'll need camber bolts(WTFis he talking about),nobody said anything about this crap.
The thing now has 35x12.5r20 toyo M /T's if that makes any difference#scratches head:tree:

your caster will be off so bump steer will be an issue and you will need to adjust your drag link to line up the steering wheel again.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Bigrpowr's old lift and tires with new wheels on my truck

4.5" Icon
22x12 Rebels
325/50r22

91gM2Dal.png

FvUzYNxl.png

dUQwS99l.png

01D8J2ol.png

l3dntaFl.png

Z5ZdSQfl.png

fD2aJxjl.png

That truck is BEAUTIFUL Squat ! So jealous of the wheels, exact setup I want. Very nice :thumbsup:

Squat and Poot

Reaction score
thanks everyone! had to remove outer bumper brackets and trim some of the fender flare so it wouldn't rub at full lock. Loving it so far

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
thanks everyone! had to remove outer bumper brackets and trim some of the fender flare so it wouldn't rub at full lock. Loving it so far

You talking about that kind of L shaped bracket? With the bolt near bottom. Not important at all? Been debating taking mine out just not sure how vital they are

Squat and Poot

Reaction score
You talking about that kind of L shaped bracket? With the bolt near bottom. Not important at all? Been debating taking mine out just not sure how vital they are

correct, the outer bracket has 4 bolts and the upper one is a PITA to reach. used a 13mm socket and tiny wrench to get all 4. then the bracket that holds that bracket bugged me so i removed it too. I can take a picture of what it looks like now if you'd like just PM me

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Thx sootie,got the steering wheel almost centered,pulls ever so slightly to the right.I am looking into steering stabilizers now,i'm about set on the BDS dual fox 2.0 setup,as im putting fox shocks on as well,appreciate all the help.

sootie

Reaction score
Thx sootie,got the steering wheel almost centered,pulls ever so slightly to the right.I am looking into steering stabilizers now,i'm about set on the BDS dual fox 2.0 setup,as im putting fox shocks on as well,appreciate all the help.

steering stabilizers arent going to fix an alignment issue

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
Got my 6" 4 link kit. Gonna get replacement shocks for sure, but it'll work for now. Gonna probably get a dual stabilizer kit too, either before or sometime after dunno yet

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
If your running oversized tires,your gonna need a stabilizer,trust me as you will feel a noticeable shimmy in the wheel on irregular roads immediately,nothing incredibly bad on my setup but definitely not right.I am going to get another alignment@my dealer & the tech will do whatever is required to fix the alignment issue & then i'll add a dual stabilizer & hope for the best 😎.
The sad part is that i did not see this coming as everyone was saying no alingment required,its a solid axle,just lift it they said,it'll be fine they said lol.

Mikeyfitz

Reaction score
Well I know I can run it without as it has stabilizer brackets, I am planning on dual stabilizers anyways. Just gotta decide which ones.

D71B5A76-3F41-48AD-B194-1B20373861DF_zpsu9auyjum.jpg

There she is now. 10" on 37s next to me. So I think 6 for now and ill bump up to 8 and 22x14s and 37s.

Last edited:

Jassman

Reaction score
I went with Fox 2.5 in front and 2.0 in the rear w bags. I experienced the same thing and then ordered Fox steering stabilizer shocks which made a huge difference. My wheel was then cocked to the left to keep her straight. Its an easy adjustment with a deep socket 15mm wrench. To center I just kept moving the adjustment up...and after 3 tries wheel is centered...then you'll know when going down the road if you'll need an alignment. All this stuff is trial and error and is a PITA..but once figured out your done. My 37" wheels are perfectly balanced, no vibration, and truck goes down the road straight. Last thing left is 2 or 3 ..1/4".. shims to get rid of the vibration in my drive shaft...Then Im done...well. till next month..Maybe a ram air hood...LOL

Latest posts

Members online