light bar in bumper

WydOpen

Reaction score
I am about to pull the trigger on a light bar setup that MadDiesel has. He has a 28" curved bar that looks like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eyourlife-144W-28Inch-curved-Spot-Flood-Work-Light-Bar-truck-JEEP-4WD-UTE-a9v9-/231459875540?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35e4156ad4&vxp=mtr

If you notice, the brackets flip to the outside. I wonder, if a 32" curved bar would fit, if the brackets were flipped inside? Here is the 32":http://www.ebay.com/itm/180W-32-Eyourlife-Curved-Spot-Flood-Work-Light-Bar-COMBO-Truck-BOAT-UTE-ATV-B-/251836392930?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3aa29e65e2&vxp=mtr

The specs say that the lumens are the same, but I doubt that to be true. Any ideas? Anybody run a 32" and keep their tow hooks?

I'm gonna split the difference and try the 30"...

eBay FORD SUPER DUTY TOTRON 30" 180W CREE Curved LED Light Bar & HARNESS #BC180X

Same thing, I need to contact the seller and get the actual outside measurements and see if it'll fit between the bracket. I want something that will fill the opening, but still let me retain the tow hooks.

Last edited:

Ice Cream Sammich

Reaction score
Please post the outside measurements when you get them. Also, at 2.5x the cost of the ones that I posted, 28" is sounding great! Im sure there are cheaper 30" though.

DSL_PWR

Reaction score
I put mine in today and I can tell you that whoever designed the wires for the upfitter switches needs to be beaten. Those are the hardest wires to connect with large hands. I finally got mine done and will post pics when everything is complete. I got lifetime LED's for the fogs and headlights coming and will install those shortly.

Ice Cream Sammich

Reaction score
What size bar did you go with?
On the wiring, wire hot to aux wire under hood then connect aux wire under steering wheel to upfitter switch? Negative wire can be grounded on drivers fender, if I am thinking right.

hopefulHP

Reaction score
I did this this evening and put a 40 in curved single row bar in there, it's yhe same width as a dual row but single row, wired to up fitter switch one and its so bright you can't tell if the head lights are on at all and it sits in there like it's meant to be there

hopefulHP

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1426319950865.jpg

Ice Cream Sammich

Reaction score
Shooter, I ordered the 28" last night. Said it will be here within a week and I'll post up pictures when it's all done.

I hope the 30" works for the guy a few post back, but it won't on mine. I only have 29 3/4" from inside hook to inside hook. Then add the brackets, even if flipped inside, and no way a 30" bar is fitting and keeping hooks.

Eta, I am thinking about doing two 28" bars though. About to go look and measure.

Raptorgabe

Reaction score
i ordered the 28" curved bar off of ebay should be here friday il let u guys know how it is

Raptorgabe

Reaction score
this is the curved bar that is on ebay for 89 bucks !!

Attachments

• light.jpg
    light.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 202
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 179

Latest posts

Members online