light issues

zabeard

Reaction score
Anyone have issues with the cargo light? I have never seen mine work. I have checked all fuses and relays. Bulbs seem fine too.

Anything else I should look for? Turns on with the doors and switch right?

BFT

Reaction score
Im not sure what you mean by switch but mine only illuminates when the doors are opened or the alarm is disarmed.

the dimmer when its turned all the way up will turn the cab light on.

zack...did you check the wire to make sure it didnt come loose when you took it off?

zabeard

Reaction score
Im not getting power at the light. It also did not work before I pulled the dash. Which leads me to believe its unplugged somewhere between the light and the switch. All dome lights work fine.

zabeard

Reaction score
Im not sure what you mean by switch but mine only illuminates when the doors are opened or the alarm is disarmed.

As Robert mentioned when you turn the dimmer all the way up and it clicks the cargo light should turn on.

zabeard

Reaction score
The dimmer does work. And the dome lights turn on. I will do some checking to see if that is a separate wire on that switch.

Spatel23

Reaction score
in that case I think I have the same problem. When I turn it all the way up the interior light does come on but no light for the bed.

zabeard

Reaction score
Does it work when you open the door? Typically Ford designed it to work when you turn up the dimmer switch too.

baddkarmaracing

Reaction score
i have never had a ford that the cargo light would come on with the dimmer switch they only came on with the door open or when i unmlocked the doors.
this is with 3 ford trucks an 04 f150,04f250 and the 08 i have now

mortal798

Reaction score
what year is it? From your avatar, it looks like 08-10, but there could be differences in wiring and color between model years...

zabeard

Reaction score
I already checked all the fuses. 3 times over. Under the hood and under the dash.