Limp mode on Livewire in Street mode

09wyoblue

Reaction score
I have an 09 6.4 with Innovative tuned Livewire, AFE and 5" Flo-pro. Truck runs great EXCEPT. Running on Street level the truck will randomly display the "wrench" and go into reduced power mode. Pulling a light trailer (4500 lbs.) makes it go into limp mode much more often. The only common factor when it occurs I think I have found is that I am just starting mild acceleration. It does it with the tranny tune on stock, or smoother shifts. The only codes shown are U0100, U0101 and U0115 which I understand are normal with using a Livewire to tune. I also understand a Livewire is not great at pulling codes. I can clear the codes and go for many miles or just a few sometimes. I have also cleared the codes and switched to Extreme Mild or Tow and have never had it throw a wrench. Though when I try to pull with the Extreme Mild tune and firmer shifts the truck jerks like crazy right at 50 mph. Has anyone else encountered these conditions? Any thoughts on what I should do to diagnose this better? Is there a good place to go near central Wyoming to get my codes pulled with a better instrument?

Reaction score
If I'm reading this right, you're limp with the generic tunes but good with the custom tunes? If so its throwing it into limp because of overboost. Mine would once I held at least 30lbs for a few seconds. Only way to tell for sure is check for codes before turning it off. I wanna say p0234 will show up but goes away once you shut it off

09wyoblue

Reaction score
I don't have any preloaded tunes. Innovative loaded them all. The Street level is supposed to be 215 extra rwhp. It has never done it under hard accleration only under low acceleration and maybe even coasting with low boost levels. Thanks for the suggestion though!

09wyoblue

Reaction score
I sent an e-mail to Innovative on the 6th and have not received a response so that is why I turned to the forum.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Wow on the 6th and no response. I know he didnt overlook it on purpose or see it and not respond on purpose. Maybe try again, I know he gets lots and lots of emails, but usually responds to me within 8-12hours during the week.

InnovativeDiesel

Reaction score
We must've missed that email. You may have used the website for an online inquiry, which are a little backed up. Email us directly at sales@innovativediesel[dot]com

You probably have the Ford flash with the overboost code, we can fix that.

Thanks

09wyoblue

Reaction score
Eric got back to me immediately after I used the e-mail he sent me. I sent him some of my truck's numbers and I'm sure he'll get it fixed or send me in the right direction.:ford:

Latest posts

Members online