Little help

KYF350

Reaction score
Im in the middle of doing a egr delete and oil cooler on my truck. As i was trying to get the intake out i broke two of the little push to release connectors on the wiring harness that go into the heads. They still plug in just dont lock like they should. Do these go to the injectors or glow plugs? What kind of mess am i in?what should i do next? Thanks for any input

Lassie

Reaction score
Sounds like the injector connectors. They come on the new injector harness.
The gp harnesses connect on the outside of the heads.

Mdub707

Reaction score
The glow plugs go into the rocker boxes, and the actual injector clips go down into the valve covers. How did you manage to break those? Just pull the clip back and the plug slides right out right? Can you take a picture of what you're talking about?

Lassie

Reaction score
Op, Nothing passes through the valve covers. All injector connectors and glow plugs enter the head through the rocker carrier. The inside connectors (the only ones with metal clips) are the injector connectors. The clips press in to release. Do not pull out. GP harness connectors are press fit oring connections and on the outside (fender side) of each head.

Mdub707

Reaction score
LOL, yup you're right. Not sure what the hell I was thinking about yesterday.

The glow plug connectors are a PITA to get out too without breaking. I've only monkeyed with them when I'm taking heads off anyways, so I wait until I pull the rocker boxes and actually just push them out from the backside with a socket.

KYF350

Reaction score
Yes must be the injector connectors i broke part of the connector off thats in the rocker box itself taking the intake out. The wiring harness and all the pins are ok and still plug in fine they just dont lock inplace and was worried about them backing out and unplugging themselves when driving the truck. I guess im going to try to secure them some how

Lassie

Reaction score
Got ya. Only thing is, the connector half that stays in the rocker carrier....it is a part of the injector itself, so that can't be fixed by buying a harness. It pushes down into the rocker box and comes out with the injector. Guess just tape it together and let her ride until that injector goes out down the road.

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
you can talk to an injector builder and get the new plugs... they are really easy to do. I got a few from Warrens when I needed them.... I would re do them... there is nothing like getting the theng back together and trying to plug in the FICM harness only to have one of the injector plugs fall back down inside the rocker box.....it will save you the headache of tearing it back apart. just make sure they click into place once you put the new ones back into the holes... in the futire, i think its a 19mm socket that you can use to push them back thru the rocker boxes with out destroying the plugs make sure you have a couple of extra of the injector retainers on hand when you put it back together, those things disappear if you drop them and its easier to just put another one on and be done with it

Latest posts

Members online